Frank has a strong background in project management for major public and private clients. Responsible for scope, schedule, and budget his projects have ranged in value from $250,000 to $100M. His role also includes consultant coordination, jurisdictional coordination and approval, staff planning and construction administration for public and commercial design-build and design-bid-build projects. He is very proficient in AutoCad with detailing and full construction documents. Specific strengths include interior detailing, sketching, client relations, fee development/contract negotiations, government agency interface, team development/leadership, and business development. Frank believes business development is everyone’s job and he actively pursues new clients and work. Frank is a licensed Architect in the State of California.
Frank Trocino, Architect, Pasadena CA, Architect
While managing Heartland Resource Technologies (see entry), Frank was self employed doing medium sized residential design. He was responsible for all aspects of a project from creative design and construction documents to construction administration.
• Housman Residence, Atascadero, CA. 5,000 SF home on 10 acres
• Campbell Residence, La Canada CA. 4500 SF home
• Morman Residence, Altadena CA. 3,000 SF home
• Trocino Residence, Pasadena CA. 2,350 SF home
• Heartland Resource Technologies Manufacturing Plant
Heartland Resource technologies, Pasadena CA, Founder / Manager
Founded Heartland Resource Technologies to develop soy protein based adhesives for the construction products industry. Heartland’s first product was a formaldehyde free, environmentally friendly soy adhesive used in panelboard products such as plywood, particleboard, and medium density fiberboard. Heartland has licensed this adhesive to a large international chemical company who is currently manufacturing and marketing the product. The second-generation product from Heartland is a green, environmentally friendly soy based substitute for PVA and EVA adhesives. These adhesives are used for wood, paper, textiles, metals, and foams.
Studio Avanti, Los Angeles CA, Founder / Project Manager
Co-Founder and Managing Partner of internationally recognized design and architecture firm. Responsible for Project Management, Design Coordination and Business Development. The Company grew from $75K in revenues in 1990 to $1.8M in revenues in 1998. In ten years the company was involved in projects valued at over $750 million.
• Tokyo Disney Seas, Client: Disney Imagineering
• Warner Bros. Studio Stores, Multiple Locations
• Store of knowledge, Multiple Locations
• Sun Microsystems, Client: Bottom/Duvivier
• Sony Style Store, Client: Sony, Location: San Francisco
• Smashbox Photo Studios, Culver City
• Academy of television Arts and Sciences, North Hollywood
• Tinseltown Studios, Ogden Entertainment
Whisler Patri, Los Angeles CA, Project Architect, Project Manager
Project Architect / Job Captain responsible for the implementation of construction documents, code compliance, permit, and construction coordination. Promoted to Project Manager after 1st year. Project management responsibilities included Client Interaction, Scheduling, Fees, Quality Control, Consultant Coordination, Staffing, and Job Meetings.
• Atria West, Commercial Office
• Mudge Rose, Commercial Office
• MPAA, Commercial Office
• Fidelity Investments, Commercial Office
• Coro, Commercial Office
University of Oregon, Eugene, OR, US, BArch, Architecture
Architecture with a specialty in interiors