GARY M DAVIS
139 Orchard Place, Ramsey, NJ 07446
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER
- Profitability for the firms I have worked.
- Client satisfaction for quality assurance and adherence to budgets and construction schedules.
- Resolve design and construction issues with owners and contractors.
- Retention of clients through trust and productivity.
- Twenty years employed in the architecture / construction field.
- Architectural presentation, surveys, planning and assessment of existing conditions.
- Knowledge for compliance with current building codes.
- Responsible for construction estimating, scheduling, design & construction documents.
- Extensive experience working with Facilities Directors and Business Administrators in education, municipal, recreational and private organizations as well as private residential owners.
- Thorough knowledge of civil, structural, mechanical, electrical and plumbing engineering.
- MEP coordination, specification editing, bidding, bid reviewals, construction administration, submittal reviews, review and evaluation of change order requests, negotiations & approvals, budget oversight, payment application reviews and close-outs.
- Substantial expertise in building surveys, exterior assessments and restoration evaluations.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience with site and building evaluations including written analysis reports, field notes, field directives, documenting owner priorities and generating meeting minutes.
- Thorough and accurate preparation of request for proposals.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in construction administration and New Jersey public bidding.
- SARGENTI ARCHITECTS & ELEMENT ARCHITECTURAL GROUP Paramus, NJ
Architectural Surveys 11/12 – Present – Throughout North America
- Comprehensive architectural, MEP, structural and architectural surveys for retail and commercial clients. Spatial, functional and site analysis. As-built drawings.
Retail Project Manager 03/12 – 11/12
- Administration and construction documents for various retail fit-out & ground-up projects. Architectural, MEP & building surveys.
Project Manager / Drafting (temporary positions) 11/10 – 03/12
- NYC School Construction Authority (SCA) – Construction documents for various school renovation and repair projects.
- The Paramount at the Beacon, Jersey City, NJ - Construction documents for the complete renovation of a twenty-one floor residential high-rise.
- ELEMENT ARCHITECTURAL GROUP (Altman Architects), Paramus, NJ
Senior Project Manager 10/01 – 10/10
- NYC Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) Security Stations – Six ground-up security buildings for the NYC reservoirs located in the Catskill Region of NY – Design/Build Project – Facilitated through the US Army Corp. of Engineers (USACE) – $11M ground up construction.
- Public Safety Complex, Bloomingdale, NJ – Fire Station, Fire Safety and OEM Facility – Pre-engineered steel building. – $1.5M ground-up construction.
- Exterior & Interior Building Improvements – for the School District of South Orange & Maplewood (SOM), NJ – Masonry repairs and replacement, roof repairs and replacements, window and door replacements for thirteen buildings over six years. $10M. Replacement and upgrades to lighting, replacement of fire doors and painting. In charge of planning and coordination through construction and closeout. $5M over six years.
- Kitchen and Cafeteria Renovations - Mechanical Upgrades - Restroom Renovations – for SOM, NJ – Kitchen renovations & mechanical upgrades at two middle schools, a high school and one elementary school. $5M. Complete renovation of six faculty and eight student rest rooms. – $3M.
- Elevator Replacement – South Orange Middle School, South Orange, NJ – $500K.
- Roof Replacements at Brooklyn and Queens, NY Veterans Administration Hospitals – $1M.
- Montrose School Conversion Study – for SOM, NJ – Feasibility study and report for the conversion of Montrose School to a preschool facility.
- Gymnasium Bleacher Replacements and Sport Equipment Installations at Columbia High School, South Orange Middle School and Maplewood Middle School – for SOM, NJ – $2M over two years.
- Maplewood Middle School Addition – SOM, NJ – Construction documents. $3M.
- Addition to the New Brunswick Health Sciences Tech High School – New Brunswick, NJ –. $3M.
- Residential Basement Design – Far Hills, NJ – 3,000 square feet.
- Office Space Fit-Outs – Numerous spatial fit-outs in various commercial buildings.
- PROJEX, INC., New York, NY
Project Manager (Owner Representative) 03/99 – 10/01
- New York Institute of Special Education – Bronx, NY – New dormitory, gymnasium, building renovations sidewalks and parking lots. $12M.
- Canal Jeans Co., Brooklyn Store, Brooklyn, NY – Complete renovation / conversion for retail building. Demolition, connections of two floors, elevator installation, 2000sf of new storefront. All floor, wall and ceiling fixtures & finishes. $2.5M.
- New York Life Ins. Co., World Data Center Generator Plant and Trading Floor (Y2K projects) – Lebanon, NJ – Diesel generated uninterrupted power supply (UPS). $5M.
- New York Life Ins. Co., New Chiller Plant – Manhattan, NY – Dedicated chiller for computer rooms on two floors. $1.5M.
- The Churchill School & Center – Manhattan, NY – Extensive building renovations on six floors. Developed punch list and oversaw resolutions. $2.5M.
- URS CORPORATION, Paramus & Wayne, NJ
Staff Architect 12/97 – 03/99
- GWHS Cupola and Parapet Historical Reconstruction – New York, NY. $8M.
- NYC School Construction Authority (SCA) – Various school renovation and repair projects
- Various USPS Facilities – USPS International and Bulk Mail Center – Jersey City, NJ. $2M.
- Various USPS Facilities – New construction and alterations to existing facilities. Various sites.
- PEG, INC., North White Plains, NY
Assistant Project Manager 08/94 – 12/97
- NewRoc Center – New Rochelle, NY – Retail and Entertainment Complex. $250M.
- 1 Union Plaza – Manhattan (Union Square), NY – Retail, entertainment and apartment complex. $6M.
- GS Livingston – Livingston, NJ – Retail complex. $2.5M.
- NEW JERSEY INSTITUTE of TECHNOLOGY
Bachelor of Architecture, summa cum laude graduate, History minor.