GARY M DAVIS
139 Orchard Place, Ramsey, NJ 07446
201.818.5304 (h) 201.615.6129 (c)
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER
Proven record to bring profitability to the firms I have worked while consistently satisfying the client’s needs for quality assurance and adherence to budgets and construction time tables. Ability to effectively communicate, coordinate and resolve design and construction issues with owners and contractors resulting in continued retention of clients through trust and productivity.
Sixteen years employed in the architecture/construction field, compiling a broad experience in all aspects of architectural presentation, planning, assessing existing conditions, compliance with the International Building Code (IBC 2009), NYC Building Code (2011), NJ International Building Code (2011) & local codes, OSHA Safety Standards, construction estimating, scheduling, design, construction documents, MEP coordination, specification editing, bidding, bid reviewing and approval, construction administration, submittal reviews, negotiations & approvals, review and evaluation of change order requests, budget oversight, payment application review & approval and close-outs.
I have achieved extensive experience working with Facilities Directors and Business Administrators in education, municipal, recreational and private organizations as well as private residential owners. For the past nine years, I have worked at a small – 4-6 employees – architectural firm that required concurrent involvement in all phases of multiple projects for job development and implementation.
Thorough knowledge of civil, structural, mechanical, electrical and plumbing engineering, site & building coordination and installations including site evaluation, grading, landscaping and irrigation. Keen ability in the concise, thorough and accurate preparation of Request for Proposals. Comprehensive knowledge and experience with site and building evaluations including written analysis reports, field notes, field directives, documenting owner priorities and generating meeting minutes.
Considerable expertise in building exterior assessment and restoration, particularly masonry repairs, building envelope renewal along with roof, window, door, HVAC, lighting and elevator replacements.
Experienced working with and supervising the installation of wood & metal framing, rough & fine trim carpentry & millwork, gypsum wall board (GWB) & plaster installations, concrete & masonry work (including structural, paving and stamped concrete), steel, concrete & wood structural members, door, door hardware & window installations (including steel, aluminum, wood and fiberglass), a wide range of roofing materials, ceramic, terrazzo & stone tiling, carpeting, vinyl composition tile (VCT) and wood flooring, GWB, metal and acoustic tile ceilings (ATC), paints, stains & sealants and plumbing & lighting fixtures.
Extensive knowledge and experience in construction administration and New Jersey public bidding.
SARGENTI ARCHITECTS, Paramus, NJ
Project Manager 03/12 – Present
• 5 BELOW – DAVIDs TEA – LETS YO – Various retail projects.
DMR ARCHITECTS, Hasbrouck Heights, NJ
Project Manager (temporary position) 02/12 – 03/12
• NYC School Construction Authority (SCA) – Various school renovation and repair projects.
• The Paramount, Jersey City, NJ - Complete renovation of a twenty-one floor residential high-rise.
ELEMENT ARCHITECTURAL GROUP, Paramus, NJ
Senior Project Manager 10/01 – 10/10
• NYC Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) Security Stations – Six new buildings for the NYC reservoirs at various sites in the Catskill Region, NY – Ground-up Design/Build Projects – Project facilitated through the US Army Corp. of Engineers (USACE) –Responsible for the architectural lead in the response to the Request for Proposal. Coordinated planning and engineering from design through construction and closeouts. Site planning and construction required site evaluation, grading, site development, irrigation and landscaping. $11M ground up construction.
• Public Safety Complex, Bloomingdale, NJ – Fire Station, Fire Safety and OEM Facility – Pre-engineered steel building. – In charge of planning through construction and closeout. Daily owner and contractor communication contributed to a $9.00 net of change order extras. Planning and construction required site evaluation, grading, site development, and landscaping. $1.5M ground-up construction.
• Exterior Building Improvements – for the School District of South Orange & Maplewood (SOM), NJ – Masonry repairs and replacement (including historic restoration), roof repairs and replacements (including EPDM & TPO, built-up roofing, slate and asphalt shingles), window and door (including steel, aluminum and wood) replacements for thirteen buildings. Concrete sidewalks & asphalt running tracks at six buildings. – Oversaw planning through construction closeout. $10M over six years.
• Interior Building Improvements – for SOM, NJ – Replacement and upgrades to lighting, replacement of fire doors and painting for thirteen buildings. In charge of planning, coordination through construction and closeout. $5M over six years.
• Kitchen and Cafeteria Renovations – for SOM, NJ – Began with the renovation and expansion of serving lines at one middle school and eventually spurred similar work at a second middle school and the school district’s high school. – All three projects gained serving lines to expedite serving times with no net loss in seating space. In control of planning, coordination through construction and closeout. Three schools $4.5M.
• Mechanical Upgrades at Four Schools – for SOM, NJ – Two middle schools, a high school and one elementary school. Coordination of boiler replacements, mechanical room equipment upgrades, installation of automated temperature control (ATC) systems and spatial reorganization. – Managed all planning through construction and closeout. $5M.
• Restroom Renovations at Columbia High School – for SOM, NJ – Complete renovation of six faculty and eight student rest rooms. – Orchestrated planning, MEP coordination through construction and closeout. $3M.
• Elevator Replacement – for SOM at South Orange Middle School, South Orange, NJ – Complete elevator replacement. – Supervised planning through construction closeout. $500,000.
• Roof Replacements at Brooklyn and Queens, NY Veterans Administration Hospitals – Built-up and EPDM roof replacements. – Responsible for evaluation through construction and closeout. $1M.
• Montrose School Conversion – for SOM, NJ – Study and report for the feasibility to convert Montrose School to a preschool facility. – Written evaluation and cost estimate of $2.5M.
• Gymnasium Bleacher Replacements and Sport Equipment Installations at Columbia High School, South Orange Middle School and Maplewood Middle School – for SOM, NJ – Complete indoor bleacher replacements along with basketball, volleyball and exercise equipment installations. – In charge of planning and designing through construction and closeout. $2M over two years.
• Maplewood Middle School Addition – SOM, NJ – Recruited for planning and construction documents. Final drawings and specifications approved by the NJ-School Construction Authority. $3M.
• Addition to the New Brunswick Health Sciences Technology High School – New Brunswick, NJ – Developed planning and construction documents for a modular building addition. Planning required site evaluation, grading, development and landscaping. $3M.
• Basement Design – Far Hills, NJ – 3,000 square feet. – Responsible for design and construction documents.
• Office Space Fit Outs – Numerous spatial fit outs for office space in various commercial buildings. Accountable for planning and construction documents.
PROJEX, INC., New York, NY
Project Manager (Owner Representative) 03/99 – 10/01
• New York Institute of Special Education – Bronx, NY – Oversaw construction of a new dormitory, gymnasium, building renovations sidewalks and parking lots. $12M.
• Canal Jeans Co., Brooklyn Store, Brooklyn, NY – Complete retail building renovation. Demolition, connections for two floors, elevator installation, 2000sf of new storefront and all floor, wall and ceiling fixtures & finishes. $2.5M.
• Residential Apartments – New York, NY – Ground-up twelve floor residential building. $3.5M.
• New York Life Ins. Co., World Data Center Generator Plant and Trading Floor (Y2K projects) – Lebanon, NJ – Diesel generated uninterrupted power supply (UPS). $5M.
• New York Life Ins. Co., New Chiller Plant – New York, NY – Dedicated chiller for computer rooms on two floors. $1.5M.
• The Churchill School & Center – New York, NY – Extensive building renovations. Developed punch list and oversaw resolutions. $2.5M.
URS CORPORATION, Paramus & Wayne, NJ
Staff Architect 12/97 – 03/99
• GWHS Cupola and Parapet Historical Reconstruction – New York, NY. $8M.
• NYC School Construction Authority (SCA) – Various school renovation and repair projects
• Various USPS Facilities – USPS International and Bulk Mail Center – Jersey City, NJ. $2M.
• Various USPS Facilities – New construction and alterations to existing facilities. Various sites.
PEG, INC., North White Plains, NY
Assistant Project Manager 08/94 – 12/97
• NewRoc Center – New Rochelle, NY – Retail and Entertainment Complex. $250M.
• 1 Union Plaza – New York, NY – Retail, entertainment and apartment complex. $6M.
• GS Livingston – Livingston, NJ – Retail complex. $2.5M.
ADDITIONAL WORK 01-81 – 05-99
• Grafica, Inc. – Graphic Artist – Advertising, illustration, print coordination, presentations, signage. Sign painting, calligraphy and prop production.
• Eleanore Pettersen, AIA – Freelance residential architectural drafting.
PERSONAL PROJECTS 12-95 – Present
• Davis Residence – Deck – Fireplace – Finished Basement – Master Bathroom – Tree House – Gardening and Landscaping – Ramsey, NJ – Design/Build – Personally designed and constructed.
• Brazee Pool House – Congers, NY – Design and construction documents. 400 square feet.
PRIMARY COMPUTER SKILLS
• AutoCAD 2012 – Developed universal office layer system.
• Computer file management. Integrated a logical chronological office-wide file system.
NEW JERSEY INSTITUTE of TECHNOLOGY
Bachelor of Architecture, summa cum laude graduate, History minor.
BERGEN COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Liberal Arts courses. Preliminary studies for acceptance to Architectural School.
NORTHERN ARIZONA UNIVERSITY
Graphic Arts studies.
Architectural, engineering, construction and facility management references available upon request.
Element Architectural Group, Senior Project Manager
Ability to bring profitability to the firms I have worked while consistently satisfying the client’s needs for quality assurance and adherence to budgets and construction time tables. Sixteen years employed in the architecture/construction field, compiling a broad experience in all aspects of presentation, planning, assessing existing conditions, code review, scheduling, design, construction documents, specifications, bidding, construction administration, budget oversight, payment application review and approval, and close-out. I have extensive experience working with Facilities Directors and Business Administrators in education, municipal and private organizations. For the past 9 years, I have worked at a small – 4-6 employees – architectural firm that required concurrent involvement in all phases of multiple projects for job development and implementation.
Civil, structural and MEP engineering coordination. Review and evaluation of change order requests. Preparation of Request for Proposals. Comprehensive knowledge and experience with site and building evaluations including written analyses reports, field notes, field directives, documenting owner priorities and generating meeting minutes.
Considerable expertise in building exterior assessment and restoration, particularly masonry repairs, building envelope renewal and roof, window and door replacements.
Extensive knowledge and experience in construction administration and New Jersey public bidding.
New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT), BArch, Architecture