see all...Viewing 3 out of 5 projects
My name is Katrina Fernandez and I have recently completed the University of Pennsylvania’s Master in Environmental Building Design program (July 2011), a cutting-edge, post-professional Architecture degree where I have further developed my abilities to achieve sustainable architectural solutions by addressing both passive and active strategies, from façade scale to whole building approaches. . I am also knowledgeable in many of the most advanced computer simulation programs needed for testing a building’s performance in terms of energy consumption, airflow and daylighting.
Having practiced for two years in architecture firms, I had the opportunity to work with a wide range of typologies at various scales, from urban to residential, including interior design, among them several award-winning projects. I also recently became a LEED Green Associate and am familiar with the principles and process to obtaining this certification for buildings. I believe an integrated approach to the design and development of projects is the solution to achieving ever-rigorous standards of sustainability and high-performance in buildings.
Due to my previous professional experience and studies, I understand I am more than suited to excel as an entry-level architect and/or environmental consultant in any environmentally conscious architecture practice.
Moré Arquitectos y Asociados, Junior Designer
- Created design and construction drawings and 3D modeling in urban projects, large scale architectural projects ranging from the Museum of Baseball of the Dominican Republic (2010, unbuilt) to small scale residential projects
- Integral member of the design team for the Supreme Court of Justice Auditorium Building of the Dominican Republic (2010, C.D.), which was awarded the first place in the architectural design category for the X International Architecture Biennial of Santo Domingo (11/2010)
NOVARQ Architects, Junior Designer
- Contributed to architectural and interior design of private residential projects and vacation homes in the Caribbean
University of Pennsylvania, Masters, Master in Environmental Building Design
• Relevant Courses: Building Performance Simulation (Prof. Ali Malkawi), Ecology, Technology and Design (Prof. William Braham), Performance Design Workshop (Prof. Yun Kyu Yi), Daylighting (Prof. Naree Phinyawatana), Green Roof Systems (Prof. Susan Weiler), Environmental Design Lab (Prof. Franca Trubiano)
Universidad Iberoamericana, BArch, Bachelors in Architecture
GPA: 3.89/4.00 (Summa Cum Laude Honors)
- LaN FOCUS: Fabricating for HAITI, Digital Design and Fabrication workshop (03/2010)
- Studio Works exhibited it the “National Encounter for Architecture Schools of Dominican Republic” (2009/2007/2005)
- Invitational participation for “Towards a Green Minimalism” Seminar for the drafting of new environmentally responsible legislations for constructions in the Dominican Republic (06/2009)
- International Design Studio in conjunction with MIE University, Japan, hosted by Architect Yoshito Tomioka (09/2007)