The American Institute of Architects (AIA) Pasadena & Foothill, Marketing Intern
• Assisted in organizing special events such as the 2011 Design Awards.
Architecture + Design Museum (A+D), Managerial/Marketing Intern
Only museum in Los Angeles that showcases architecture and design and addresses contemporary issues in Los Angeles.
• Organizing potential sponsorships, marketing, and exhibition openings like Rethink LA closing
discussions with foundations such as Architectural Foundation Los Angeles (AFLA).
• Copywriting eye-catching taglines for new and upcoming exhibits (e.g. Eames' Designs: The Guest Host
Navy SEALS Marketing Internship Program, Media Department Graphic Designer
Marketing program by Edventure Partners, a marketing education consultancy, and Johns Hopkins University (JHU) in a nationwide Campus Marketing Competition.
• Designed print and banner ads for the marketing campaign using Adobe Photoshop.
• Assisted in the creation of marketing campaign theme and slogan.
• Assisted in the production of a 1-minute commercial by film shooting and editing through iMovie.
• Conducted market research after passing certification program by the JHU Institutional Review Board
for human research.
The Bohemian Monthly, Marketing/Advertising Executive
Art-based Baltimorean magazine, launched in Dec. 2010, focusing on all aspects of art (music, fashion, food, visual mediums, etc.) and targeted towards Baltimore locals and art fans.
• Created and implemented a marketing plan for the new Baltimorean art community-focused magazine.
• Set up and maintained social networking sites (i.e., Facebook, Twitter) to keep magazine subscribers
informed on upcoming events.
• Priced display and online advertising rates for local and large organizations within the Maryland
College Prison Initiative Internship Program, Marketing Intern
Non-profit organization that offers 850 incarcerated women in Maryland Correction Institution for Women (MCIW) an opportunity for college education.
• Created and presented a marketing plan for the Baltimorean non-profit organization.
• Competed for market campaign implementation.
• Collaborated with Social Media & Marketing professor to apply best practices.
Earth Alley, Marketing Intern
Eco-friendly retail store selling recycled and fair-trade products.
• Organized and marketed various promotional events, such as "Women and Chocolate" that supports
independent women artists within the Baltimore community, attended by over 200 people including
members of the National Organization of Women.
• Promoted company events by utilizing social networking sites to reach new and existing subscribers.
Museum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles, Membership Department Intern
• Assisted in organizing and running special events such as weekly night film screenings featuring artists
and musicians. Helped recruit 50+ members through the special events coordinated.
• Organized documents and assisted in transactions and mailings to members.
• Informed visitors with general aspects of the museum and current exhibits.
Johns Hopkins University, Bachelors, Krieger School of Arts & Sciences- Art History Major/Entrepreneurship & Management Minor
University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), Jumpstart Architecture
Program focused upon modern urban architecture through education of theory, history, studio work, and computer design.
• Participated in a 6-week intensive program that includes courses in Drafting, Introduction to the History
of Architecture, and Studio. Studied building designs through field trips to Frank Gehry's and Eames's
houses and downtown Los Angeles.
• Studied movements and systems of patterns during studio sessions.
• Spent 80+ hours a week building 3-dimensional models using various computer programs and physical