I have recently completed by bachelor's degree in architecture at the Illinois Institute of Technology and I believe that my design studio experiences have helped me develop an extensive skill set that will allow me to be a great addition to a team.
My interest is in both the architectural aspect and the urban development effect on communities; more precisely how free standing structures remain connected and are influenced by one another, while creating an interface that links communities and icons for interaction within society.
In addition to my design capabilities and background in construction, I have developed strong computer skills in AutoCad, Revit. Photoshop, and Illustrator. I am confident that these technical skills in combination with my design experiences will enable me to quickly leap to the top of the learning curve and contribute to any firm's mission.
*Note: It appears images cannot be uploaded to Archinect's site. Please contact me if you would like to see my work. Mgubser84@gmail.com
SKJN Architekten, Chicago, IL, Architect I
PROTECH SYSTEMS LTD., Lincolnshire, IL, US, Design Associate, Revit Coordinator
• Coordinating BIM projects with architectural and electrical consultants
• Creating 3D models and construction documents of mechanical and plumbing systems using Revit
• Designing HVAC system layouts
South Coast Sushi, Chicago, IL, US, Server
• Providing quality customer service to the clients
• Obtaining an understanding of consumer sales in the hospitality industry
• Improving intrapersonal communication skills
Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT), Teacher's Assistant
• Acted as Teacher’s Assistant in shop class
• Assisted in light construction and maintenance needs in the school of architecture
• Instructed students in the model making shop with proper modeling technique, welding skills, and
• Conducted inventory of tools and materials
Aloha Greens Landscaping, Kailua-Kona, HI, Landscape Coordinator
• Implemented site-planning and the design of landscapes
• Maintained the general upkeep of the grounds at the Outrigger Keauhou Beach Resort
KCI Construction Company, St. Louis, MO, Laborer
• Assisted iron workers on and off site with the preparation of steel for welding
• Facilitated carpenters in the workshop with the construction and demolition of various formwork
• Created concrete formwork from detailed construction documents
Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT), BArch, Architecture
Winner of Summer 2010 IPRO, 1st Place
Inter-professional Projects are a required part of the curriculum for all students at IIT. The summer of 2010 I was enrolled in an IPRO project in which 8 students, including myself, were assigned the task of creating an innovative rainwater collection product that was cost effective and interesting enough to attract more homeowners. Our system was individual pavers that doubled as a rainwater cistern. These pavers could be connected to each other to form a network. Homeowners could purchase however many pavers they wanted based on their need for collected rainwater.