see all...Viewing 3 out of 4 projects
Reya Duenas is a Design Director who works with closely the Owners and various internal departments to design and promote hospitality and tourism to Catalina Island.
Reya believes that the Catalina Island Company is currently revitalizing the island by creating new experiences for today’s modern traveler. Reya is excited to lead the design team that helps create, authentic and stimulating spaces and/or experiences while preserving the story and history of Catalina.
After her first year, Reya was awarded the Employee of the Year, Special Recognition award for her commitment to design and development while preserving the island heritage.
Since working with the Catalina Island Company, Reya has managed the opening of the Island Spa Catalina; and worked on the design for Ben’s Bakery, Catherine’s Terrace; a state of the art beachfront venue, Descanso Fresh and the Paddle Bar.
Reya Duenas holds a Master of Arts in Interior Design from The New England School of Art & Design at Suffolk University.
Jill Soffer Design, Santa Monica, CA, US, Assistant Interior Designer
Assistant Interior Designer Jill Soffer Design, Santa Monica, CA, USA 10/2011 – 05/2012
• Create design drawings and presentations to existing and prospective clients.
• Provide clients with design solutions in line with their budgetary requirements.
• Assist clients with the selection, specification, and purchasing of furniture and accessories from showrooms and suppliers.
• Attend client meetings as needed to provide updates on project development and progress.
• Ensure the implementation and execution of the design intent on site.
• Produce and deliver Construction Documents to Contractors, Electricians, Plumbers and Carpenters.
• Research, specify and provide FF&E schedules to contractors and builders as needed.
• Design custom furniture pieces.
• Design custom millwork and produce drawing details.
The Bright Group, Boston, MA, US, Sales / Design Associate
Showroom Design & Sales Consultant The Bright Group, Boston, MA, USA 10/2008 – 06/2010
• Oversee daily operations and inside sales.
• Provide customer service and sales assistance to designers, existing and prospective clients.
• Process, manage and follow-up on existing purchase orders.
• Market and promote new products and textiles to new and existing clients.
• Generate and manage price quotations.
• Assist clients and designers with custom furniture designs and provide shop drawings.
• Space plan showroom to showcase product line and accessories.
Pantheon, Talent Agent Trainee
Talent Agent Trainee Pantheon Talent Group; Los Angeles, CA, USA 10/2006 – 09/2007
• Compile breakdowns, calendars, feature grids, and appointment sheets for daily and weekly agent tracking meetings.
• Maintain daily tracking of active castings.
• Contact casting directors to pitch clients for actively casting projects.
• Roll calls and manage heavy call volume.
• Track schedules, expense reports and itinerary for theatrical talent agents.
Wells Fargo Bank, Personal Banker
Personal Banker Wells Fargo Bank, Huntington Beach, CA, USA 07/2000 – 10/2006
• Manage, develop and preserve existing client relationships.
• Market and promote products to new and existing clients.
• Build on existing client relationships to maximize sales opportunities.
• Service new and existing client loans and accounts.
• Maximize revenue by working with partners on sales opportunities.
Suffolk University - New England School of Art and Design, Boston, MA, US, Masters, Interior Design
o Knowledge of AutoCAD2010, Revit, 3ds Max, Sketch-up, InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
o Hand Rendering / Sketching Abilities: Various Media
o Capable of providing Constructing Documents / RCPs / Plans
o Strong conceptual, programming and planning abilities
California State University, Long Beach (CSULB), Long Beach, CA, US, Bachelors, Film & Electronic Media