Atkins (previously PBS&J), Temporary Intern Architect
• Created building design concepts for redevelopment project, corrected red-lined drawings for a portion of the over-pass of the I-4 corridor near Ybor City.
• Researched and compiled information on materials, structures needed as assigned.
USF Facilities Planning and Construction, Drafter
• Assisted with general shop drawings and reorganized dated project drawings in a new archive
• Assisted with special projects as assigned other related duties as required.
Point West Engineering, Drafter
• Created architectural drawings for small scale residential homes, commercial office
• Assisted with client meetings as needed, presenting concept designs to clients using hand-drawn and computer renderings.
• Worked on site with other subcontractors conducting field surveys, counting trees, and setting up fences.
University of South Florida, MArch, Master of Architecture and Community Design
In the School of Architecture and Community Design I took many core, advanced and community design courses which has helped increase my general understanding of environmental design. My thesis emphasizes architecture and community design proficiency, technical competency, and applied research community design of the post-earthquake urban fabric of Port-Au-Prince Haiti. Emphasized with traveling throughout the United States to internationally from Japan to British Colombia, I was able to study myriad forms of community and human habitat and creating environments to experience and appreciate the poetry of architecture. I also gained some construction experience the design-build projects.
Valencia College, Building Construction
Relevant coursework: Blueprint reading; Architectural Drafting; Design 1,2,3; Surveying, Estimating.
In the Building Construction program I learned to work with architects, engineers, contractors, building
officials and others. I also gained experience in architectural drafting, construction estimating, scheduling, as well as fundamental knowledge of the systems and processes used to construct the built environment, including an understanding of industry terminology and other aspects of construction.