see all...Viewing 3 out of 8 projects
Access Samoras Portfolio at : http://www.wix.com/samorahs/portfolio
I am a passionate designer currently living in New York City. I was born and raised in Kingston, Jamaica,and experienced briefly the design world in London England prior to moving to New York in 2006 to study architecture. There I graduated with a 5 year Bachelor of Architecture from Pratt Institute in may of 2011, with a single relocation for one semester to Italy.
Interning at various firms over the duration of my schooling I’ve contributed to all project phases from pre-design through construction. This involvement has developed my comprehensive design and management abilities. my various travels and cultural experiences, i believe, have broadened my views on design and assist me in the creative process.
I am interested in all aspects of architecture, from initial design conception ,construction document development to construction management; and am interested in all types of architecture, with a special interest in residential and resort design, interior architecture and lighting design.
RCGA Architects and Interior Design, New York, NY, US, Architectural Intern
• Design and detail interior and façade design and space planning for multiple projects including restaurants, airport retail kiosks and stores, residential renovations, and civic and community buildings.
• Rendering and graphic design for client proposals and presentations.
• Creating detailed construction documents for fabrication, installation and construction, and preparing documents for review and submittal.
Rachael Robson Implementation Limited, Ocho Rios, Jamaica W.I., Project Manager’ Assistant
• Project: GoldenEye Resort .Designed and detailed interior furniture design and space
planning for 21 new hotel villas.
• Retrofitted 5 existing hotel villas’ interiors. Sourced fixtures, accessories and materials
for design execution.
• Prepared financial estimates of material costs for client approval.
• Supervised relations with subcontractors for fabrication, installations, and deliveries of
furniture, carpeting, painting, woodwork, tile work and other related items (phase 1
development cost $84 million)
Kingston 10 Architects, Kingston, Jamaica, W.I., Summer Internship
• AutoCAD and vector works drafting and 3D rendering and hand rendering of projects as
well as measured surveys for historical preservation sites.
• Projects included: Golden Eye Hotel and Villas, Mystic Mountain Adventure attraction,
Seville Great House and residential homes.
• Designed preliminary schematic designs for small buildings.
Jessica Ogden Design Studio, Kentish Town, London. United Kingdom, Summer Internship
• Interned under Jessica Ogden as a printmaker and organizer for production of merchandise with outside companies, and sales.
Pratt Institute, BArch, Bachelors of Architecture
St. Andrew High School for girls, High School, High School Diploma