see all...Viewing 3 out of 8 projects
Access Samoras Portfolio at : http://www.wix.com/samorahs/portfolio
I am a passionate designer currently living in New York City. I was born and raised in Kingston, Jamaica,and experienced briefly the design world in London England prior to moving to New York in 2006 to study architecture. There I graduated with a 5 year Bachelor of Architecture from Pratt Institute in may of 2011, with a single relocation for one semester to Italy.
Interning at various firms over the duration of my schooling I’ve contributed to all project phases from pre-design through construction. This involvement has developed my comprehensive design and management abilities. my various travels and cultural experiences, i believe, have broadened my views on design and assist me in the creative process.
I am interested in all aspects of architecture, from initial design conception ,construction document development to construction management; and am interested in all types of architecture, with a special interest in residential and resort design, interior architecture and lighting design.
Kinlin Rutherfurd Architects, New York, NY, US, Architectural Designer
Small firm specializing in luxury private residential and developer projects along with commercial architecture within
New York and Connecticut. Projects include ground up construction, interior renovations, and interior design.
· Provide schematic deigns, drawings, renderings and programmatic designs for client proposals and presentations.
· Create detailed bid and construction documents while considering applicable building and accessibility codes
to develop lists of criteria to be reflected within design documents.
· Sourcing, selection and specification of products; including finishes, appliances and fixtures for interior projects.
· Act as a contact for consultants to facilitate coordination between all stakeholders involved throughout the
various stages of project development. This includes all stages from design through sign offs.
· Track permits and progress with contractors, to maintain deliverable upon projected schedules.
· Participate in reviews with various governing agencies for code compliance and approvals.
PACS Architecture, New York, NY, US, Architectural Designer and Project Manager
Small firm specializing in luxury residential projects within New York City; including furniture design, customization,
interior renovations, and ground up construction.
· Interfaced with clients, to establish and steward strong relationships and team communication.
· Conducted existing conditions surveys, prepared detailed bidding and construction documents within the
· considerations of design development, space planning and pertinent code applications.
· Created renderings and graphic designs for client proposals and presentations.
· Acted as a primary contact for vendors and contractors to harvest relationships and manage performance of
projects to ensure quality deliverables were produced on schedule at critical milestones.
· Reviewed General Contractor work for adherence to design and overall quality of finished product.
RCGA Architects and Interior Design, New York, NY, US, Architectural Intern
Small firm specializing in residential, civil and commercial projects in New York City and the Caribbean.
· Assisted in designing and detailing interiors and façades for multiple projects including restaurants, airport retail kiosks and stores, residential renovations, restoration, and civic and community buildings.
· Rendered and created graphic designs for client proposals and presentations.
· Created detailed construction documents for fabrication, installation and construction.
Rachael Robson Implementation Limited, Ocho Rios, Jamaica W.I., Project Manager’ Assistant
Jamaican based firm providing professional project management, specializing in streamlining large
· Designed and detailed interior furniture and space planning for 21 new hotel villas as well as gift shops, lounges,restaurants and bars.
· Retrofitted 5 existing hotel villas’ interiors and sourced fixtures, accessories and materials for design execution.
· Prepared financial estimates of material costs for client approval.
· Supervised relations with subcontractors for fabrication, installations, and deliveries of furniture, flooring finishes,painting, woodwork, tile work and other related items (phase 1 development cost $84 million).
Kingston 10 Architects, Kingston, Jamaica, W.I., Summer Intern
Jamaican based Architecture firm specializing in luxury residential projects, resorts and commercial projects.
· Utilized AutoCAD and Vector Works for drafting, and created 3D and hand renderings of projects.
· Measured surveys for historical preservation sites.
· Designed preliminary schematic for small buildings.
Jessica Ogden Design Studio, London, GB, Summer Internship
· Interned under Jessica Ogden as a print maker and organizer for production of merchandise with outside
companies, and merchandise sales.
Pratt Institute, BArch, Bachelors of Architecture
St. Andrew High School for girls, High School, High School Diploma