see all...Viewing 3 out of 15 projects
Embody an entrepreneurial spirit and as such am always looking for ways to work more efficiently, develop a new marketing angle, attend the next big design conference, and foster professional connections. Design is innate to my character. Regularly attend events at AIANY, am registered at the NYC Design Center, and attend events at galleries and showrooms around NYC. I see design as a way to solve problems.
Looking to join a firm where I can grow as a designer and architect as well as contribute to the long term sustainability and recognition of the firm.
JFA Associates, Brooklyn, NY, US, Senior Project Manager & Executive
• Pitch to potential clients, helping shape the design possibilities for their sites and spaces along with forming the associated proposals, schedules, budgets and project team.
• Manage 3 – 9 staff members across a multitude of multifamily, mixed-use, and commercial projects from project intake through construction.
• Oversee the QA/QC of projects along with mentoring junior staff on code & zoning regulations while preserving the design intent of the projects.
• Training junior staff on best practices, effective work flows, technical detailing and specifications.
• Oversee firm operations, profitability, vision, success, staffing, hiring, and firing for the firm.
TPG ARCHITECTURE LLP, New York, NY, US, Senior Project Architect
• Oversaw projects for some of NYC’s largest developers including SLGreen and General Growth Properties (GGP). Hired and helped oversee and train this team.
• The firm rewarded my dedication and hard work ethic with unique design opportunities such as redesigning the Toyota dealership brand and designing one of the firm’s first ground up skyscrapers.
Sayigh Duman, New York, NY, US, Senior Designer & Project Manager
• Create and present weekly design and construction review meetings to our firm’s retail clients.
• Manage all aspects of retail and condo projects including schedule, budget, client expectations,
consultant coordination, proposals, invoicing, AdServs, and ensuring overall project success.
• Train and mentor junior staff to work effectively on our retail and condo projects.
SWA Architects, New York, NY, US, Project Manager & Lead Designer
• Managed several projects at a time while completing the drafting on the projects while also managing all consultant work, client expectations, budget, proposals, fees, adservs and maintaining project schedule.
• Created DWG drawing templates to help improve team efficiency and accuracy on projects.
• Created a weekly project progress report that allowed management to better assess project progress, profitability, and needs on a weekly basis.
• Worked with our expediting team on the permitting, expediting, inspection, and sign off of our firm’s restaurant projects in NYC.
• Created RFI logs and Construction Field Report templates that helped our teams more quickly and effectively address RFI’s and unforeseen site conditions; helping our projects better meet their budgets and time lines.
Kenneth Park Architects, New York, NY, US, Project Manager & Lead Designer
• Project Manager on a dozen retail projects; beginning with conceptual design in SketchUp, Photoshop and sketches, advancing to design development in CAD, then full CDs and specifications.
• Manage client expectations, consultants, proposals, presentations, design, schedule and adservs.
• Designed new branding, signage, and programming strategies for retail clients such as Tourneau at Caesar’s Palace, the World’s largest watch shop, and Clarin’s first stand-alone outlet retail store.
NYC Department of Design and Construction, New York, NY, US, LEED & Green Development Coordinator
• Trained over 3,500 professionals on Active Design by organizing and presenting at events such as NYC Fit City 6, AIANY & Urban Green.
• Developed new products with USGBC’s Research team such as the Active Design Index, the LEED Physical Activity Pilot Credit, and LEED 2012.
Portland Green Building Examiner, Portland, OR, US, Writer
www.examiner.com/green-building-in-portland/amy-green (view my articles at this link)
• Wrote discretionary reviews of interior design and architectural products to my readership.
• Scoured design showrooms testing and inspecting products to recommend to readers.
• Regarded as an eco-expert by USGBC’s Green Home Guide.
The Art Institute of Portland, Portland, OR, US, Sustainable Interiors Instructor
• Developed and taught my own curriculum for Green Building, Sustainable Interiors, and LEED courses at the Art Institute of Portland.
• Guided thesis students through term long sustainable interior design projects.
[box] LLC, Portland, OR, US, Partner & Director of Sustainable Design
• Coordinated our firm’s projects from start to finish. Projects included Rivers Condominiums, a new ground up building, and Gelfman Dental Offices a tenant remodel.
• Partnered with K&D Furniture, helping design and build custom kitchens for their clients.
• Designed a line of eco-friendly, modern furniture for EcoRemedi.
• Managed and executed the high-end custom build out of several penthouses in the Pacific Northwest, such as the Nissen Penthouse in Salem, OR, Meriwether Residence in Portland, OR, and Escala Penthouse in Seattle, WA. Performed both architectural & interior work on all projects for the firm.
• Responded to RFPs resulting in awarded projects such as St John’s live-work development.
• Doubled our client list in one year by managing existing client relationships while launching marketing and networking campaigns to bring new clients to the firm.
Sienna Architecture Company, Portland, OR, US, Architectural Designer
• Organized, trained, and oversaw a 6-person REVIT & CAD hospitality team for the firm.
• Worked to make CD’s more efficient and effective, which I implemented by reducing the drawing set of their new skyscraper by 12 redundant sheets, while making the CDs more informative.
• Oversaw four McCormick & Schmicks Seafood Restaurants from SD through CA phases. My skills for carefully detailing their construction documents were recognized by the client, who had me create an exclusive millwork package for their most popular bar and banquet designs.
• Coordinated between the interior design of 1 Hotel & Residences led by Yabu Pushelberg, and the core and shell which was run by my firm. Oversaw QA/QC for this LEED Platinum Hotel.
• Became one of our firm’s specialists in building envelope and exterior design; mentoring colleagues on how to improve their envelope drawings and details.
• Performed master planning, programming, and visualization for a multi-acre lifestyle development.
Ankrom Moisan Architects, Portland, OR, US, Designer
• Regarded as our firm’s building permitting expert. Performed zoning code studies, coordinated permit submittals, applied for variances, and worked across code standards including IBC,UBC, State and City Zoning, ADA, Universal and Fair Housing Act.
• Excelled at helping our team adhere to design standards while also helping clients such as Starwood Capital, Trendwest, and Wyndham Hotels implement and visualize new branding and design strategies.
• Oversaw hospitality design team’s work, deadlines, schedules, training and presentations.
MG2, Portland, OR , Job Captain
• Regarded as “team change order guru” by reducing Change Orders on retail design projects by 20% through optimization of coordination and project scheduling.
Organized training sessions and implemented standards to help staff learn how to complete changes on projects more effectively.
• Projects included over a dozen Target Retail projects from SD, DD, CD through all CA phases across the USA. Our retail team was recognized with Target’s Architect of the Year award in 2005.
• Oversaw and coordinated our retail team’s work with an outsourcing firm in Shanghai, China which allowed me to redline work for the Shanghai workers, sending them work orders daily, to keep progress moving forward on our design projects almost 24-7.
Intel Corporation, Hillsboro, OR, US, Problem Solver
• What began as an internship, blossomed into a consulting arrangement, contracted to Intel over seven years while I completed high school and college. Upon ending my contract, to pursue Architecture after having achieved my Architecture Degree, my unofficial title at Intel was “Problem Solver” and my task was to solve any problems that came across my department.
• Intel mentored and taught me the value of business process efficiency and communication skills, which are talents that have been an immense asset managing design clients, consultants, and colleagues in the architecture industry.
• Oversaw several pilot projects while being tasked with improving their performance and profitability. One such pilot program, WebSuite, was receiving low stats, however I cut issues by 38% through implementing new guides and scripts for internal teams, new materials and communication to customers, and the formation of a team I helped lead to address issues biweekly.
University of Oregon, Eugene, OR, US, BArch, Architecture
My education at the University of Oregon placed a strong emphasis on problem solving through design and approaching architecture through the lens of sustainability, studying under some of the greatest green minds in the industry such as G.Z. (Charlie) Brown.
Lundquist College of Business, Eugene, OR, Business Minor, 1999-2004
My minor in business has made my business communication skills superior to my design colleague’s and allows me to approach all aspects of the design business with an entrepreneurial mind.
Continuing Education, 2004 - Current
Believe in fostering my skills, absorbing from the world around us, and growing as a designer and business woman each day. Continually attend seminars, events and classes to further my skills through classes such as Cracking the Energy Code by AIA NY, Lighting Design by IES NYC, AIA’s National Conventions, Intermediate SketchUp & Advancing REVIT by ImaginIt Technologies. Typically carry one book on design and/or entrepreneurship with me at all times and at least 1-2 design magazines.
Awarded St Johns Alley Project by the City of Portland, Award
The City of Portland opened up a design competition to re-develop City land in the St John's area. Together with my development team, I pulled together an award winning design and proposal that one us the project against many other talented development and design teams.