Ariel Vazquez Designer (1982) D.R. Ariel Vazquez has +/- 7 years of working with firms in Philadelphia. He received his Bachelor in Architecture (Honors) at Drexel University in 2008 (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania) and his a current graduate with a Master in Advance Architecture and Urbanism from Berlage Institute (Rotterdam, Netherlands).
After graduating he worked for the offices of KlingStubbins, Zimmers Associates, Albert Taus Associates and JBC Associates in Philadelphia. Projects ranging from a number of residential and commercial projects.
Ariel was an advisor and program coordinator for the explorers post at KlingStubbins, in where he introduce high schools students to Architecture and Design as part of extra curriculum activities. He has also volunteer as a Designer for the Community Design Collaborative (CDC). Ariel was awarded the Travel Fellowship in 2008.
In addition to practice, Ariel has worked in digital installations for HACE CDC in Philadelphia and NEXUS/foundation.
Jois Construction Management System, Mercerville, NJ, US, Project Manager
• Administered and coordinated large-scale construction projects with construction and project architects.
• Conducted and delegated construction inspection.
• Provided quality control and quality assurance reviews for regional projects across the state.
• Maintained project logs for clients.
• Established connection between developers and contractors on statewide construction projects.
• Monitored constructor schedule and progress.
UNlab - United Nations Laboratory, The Hague, NL, Collaborator and Designer
• Collaborated in the design of international and national competitions.
• Liaisons between office and clients for proposed architectural projects.
• Wrote proposals and feasibility packages for clients and general contractors.
• Conceptualized and designed programmatic schemes for the repurposed structures.
• Developed feasibility studies for buildings in the private and public sector.
• Managed web-based context for the office website.
• Designed schematics and layouts for public design presentation.
• Performed presentations to clients and civic neighborhood groups.
• Created many of 3D modeling and scripting for conceptual projects.
D&D Philly Designs, Philadelphia, PA, US, Collaborator
• Collaborated in the design of residential and commercial projects.
• Represented clients in front community zoning meetings.
• Obtained zoning and building permits for the projects.
• Produced 90% of all proposals that where submitted to clients.
• Created drawings from schematic design to construction documentation.
• Collaborated in many conceptual competitions as team leader.
KlingStubbins, Philadelphia, PA, US, Architectural Intern
• Created drawings schematic design phase to construction documentation.
• Planned programming schemes for research laboratories and campuses projects.
• Designed façade schemes for commercial and high-rise projects.
• Organized an educational program for high school students who seek to furthers their education in architecture.
• Customized parametric components for the study of high-rise buildings.
• Helped develop a master plan for large-scale institutional campuses.
• Designed the geometry composition and façade for commercial tower and high-rise.
• Directed graphic and web context for internal and external use for the office.
• Worked on proposals with the business development for bids on projects.
Zimmers Associates, Philadelphia, PA, US, Project Manager
• Coordinated between construction managers and clients in small residential projects.
• Created and conceptualize many 3D models for project visualization.
• Maintained liaisons between lead designers as the architect of records in residential projects.
• Established design guidelines under the supervision of lead architect for high-rise proposals.
• Obtained zoning and building permits for projects.
• Represented clients in public zoning hearings.
• Worked as project manager for 60% of small residential and commercial projects.
The Berlage, Rotterdam, NL, MArch, Masters Advance Architecture and Urbanism
Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA, US, BArch, Architecture Degree