I am a detail‐oriented designer with 3 years experience with a particular focus on Federal Government and commercial markets. My self-motivated and go-getter attitude make me an ideal employee to delegate work to without concern of missing deadlines. I use my organizational and interpersonal skills to work on many different types of teams, ranging from 3 person to 20+ person that allow me to encourage my teammates in creativity and time management.
By December 2012 I plan to be LEED-CI certified and also to obtain my NCIDQ Certification.
HNTB, Planner III
• Track 245 Parametric Design Report submittals from 5 Regional Offices, 7 Major Support Commands and 21 districts worldwide.
• Review PDR submittals for approximately 40 projects using DD Form 1391 and PAX (Programming and Execution) system.
• Run weekly teleconference meetings with 21 districts around the world in regards to Parametric Design Reports.
• Assisted in creation of online database for tracking of submittals and correspondence during Parametric Design Report process.
• Assist Program Manager with coordination assessing ENG3086 projects in order to prepare a budget for multiple fiscal years.
• Complete contract modifications and IGE estimates for MEDCOM projects.
• Manage and track upcoming fiscal year MEDCOM projects.
• Attend training for federal government DD Form 1391 preparation.
HNTB, Interior Designer
• Completed Construction and Design Document production of the Comprehensive Interior Design (CID) package including the Furniture, Fixtures and Equipment (FF&E) and Structural Interior Design (SID) packages. These included furnishing cost estimates, signage, furniture and finish presentation boards and product specifications.
• Collaborated with clients and the design team early in the design process to develop design concepts.
• Attended progress and review meetings and managed relationship with the client to ensure their satisfaction with the • design throughout all phases of the design and construction process.
• Developed and produced the Architectural Interiors set for the Construction Documents, incorporated other disciplines into the architectural model utilizing Building Information Modeling (BIM).
• Streamlined production of FF&E package by linking BIM data in the model into the required deliverables such as cost estimates and furniture illustration sheets.
• Edited floor plans and FF&E plans in Revit 2009.
• Coordinated FF&E plans with MEP contractors.
• Space planning and finish selection for numerous federal government project proposals including Test Fits.
• Materials and Finish selections.
• Material and finish selection.
• Assisted with research for upcoming and ongoing projects.
• Organized materials library.
Thomas Hamilton & Associates, Intern
• Created CID books digitally.
• Assisted in choosing material and finish selections for hospitality clients.
• Edited floor plans in AutoCAD 2007
• Created details in AutoCAD 2007
• Organized materials library
Virginia Commonwealth University, Bachelors, Interior Design
- manual drafting
- hand rendering (pen, marker, watercolor, colored pencil)
- digital drafting (AutoCAD, Revit and VIZ)
- model making
- Art History of Architecture
- Materials & Finishes
- Business Practices
- Project Research for senior project (Concentration: Re-working the Workplace for Millennials)
- Completion of senior project (Concentration: Re-working the Workplace for Millennials)
Minority Student Excellence, Award