See my website at www.qstanton.com for a more complete background and portfolio.
I'm a licensed architect, living and working in New York since 2009. I worked at a wide range of firms, from boutique offices (Parallel Design), to some of the largest (SOM and Adrian Smith + Gordon Gill). I'm also experienced in a wide range of projects, from furniture design to skyscrapers.
I have a Master of Architecture from Berkeley, and an undergrad in business. I worked in real estate before grad school, my intention is to use knowledge from my previous career to enhance my design work: seeing the constraints of the market as a spur - not an impediment - to better architecture. I also believe in using sustainable design strategies and digital tools to enhance the design process.
I can be reached at: email@example.com
BIG | Bjarke Ingels Group, New York, NY, US, Architect
Handel Architects, LLP, New York, NY, Associate
- Design of new 55 story residential tower in central Boston, with accompanying historic rehabilitation of department store designed by Daniel Burnham.
- Design development and construction documentation of 368 unit Manhattan residential tower, architect of record project for Atelier Christian de Portzamparc
- Schematic design of large mixed-use project in Downtown Brooklyn
- Construction documents for adaptive reuse of apartment building in Greenwich Village, first project documented in Revit in office
Parallel Design, Designer
- Construction documentation, detail development and renderings (using Rhino, VRay and Maxwell) of home in Switzerland
- Concept design of table for high-end office furniture company
Smith + Gill Architecture, Designer
- Worked on the Masdar Headquarters, first project documented in Revit in office
- Joined project in schematic design, worked through construction documents, developied details on several key elements
- Net positive-energy building, built above LEED Platinum standards in a zero-carbon development outside Abu Dhabi
Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP (SOM), Design Intern
Solomon/WRT, Design Intern
Perisic Design Studio, Design Intern
University of California, Berkeley, MArch, Architecture
- Thesis: “Choreographing Congestion” Committee: M. Susan Ubbelohde (Chair), C. Greig Crysler and Walter Hood
- Graduate Student Instructor: design studio, ED11b (first undergraduate design course) with Professor Walter Hood
- Developed concrete structural components using fabric formwork with Berkeley classmates
- Worked on maintenance and supervision of laser cutter and 3d printers in student-run CAD/CAM lab
- Designed and constructed a 400 sq. ft. project with classmates outside Berkeley curriculum.
San Diego State University (SDSU), Bachelors, International Business
- Studied the cultural and practical aspects of conducting business on a global scale, internship at cross-border manufacturing firm
- One semester abroad at the Universidad de Valparaíso, Chile and one summer abroad at the Universidad Antonio de Nebrija, Madrid