see all...Viewing 3 out of 7 projects
Developed in 2004, Tony Thomas Designs has built a studio specializing in Residential, Commercial, Hospitality, and Performance designs. Exploring the efficacy between space, form, structure, light, movement and texture; each concept is developed into a vibrant design with the interest in presenting a uniquely balanced experience. From the performance or design's established concept, TTD's systematic philosophy of Outline...Gesture...and Statement, drives the concept to it's final phase.
Born and raised in a suburb outside of Washington, DC, this New York based designer spent most of his life performing on stages and teaching across the nation and abroad. He graced the stage for the first time at the tender age of 8 and has been gracing the globe with his artistic fervor every since. In performance, Tony has studied and developed his craft under the wings of Debbie Allen, Tony Powell, Christopher Huggins, Joyce Mosso, Shawn Cosby, Mike Malone, and performance associations with members of the Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater, Philadanco, The Dance Theatre of Harlem, Dancarate’, Inc., and many others. With an amazing tenacity for focus, an unparalleled understanding of fluidity and a remarkable eye for precision, Tony Thomas is soon to be one of the most sought after artists in the global industry.
In the midst of his performance career, Tony began to develop an admiration for grand spaces, exquisite fine furniture, beautiful lighting, and urbane details, all of which would go on to heavily define his style of design. A Bachelor of Science with a final focus on Interior Architecture, this master artist has experience in residential, corporate, and environmental settings, yet thrives most on solo projects where he is able to breathe life to the impossible. Inquisitive with a natural exploration and a seamless adaptation, Tony flourishes in the fusing of Urban and Classical elements. His distinct brand of design, which is referenced by many as “Urban Glamour”, is the influence of his force of movement. Countless trips across The Americas, Europe, Australia, and a deep discernment of Eastern Art and Culture are often felt in Tony’s perspective masterpieces.
TONY THOMAS DESIGNS, Principal Designer
• Custom Designs for Retail, Residential and Hospitality Development
• Interior Styling - FF&E/ Furniture Design, Color, Material, and Textile
Selection in Residential, Hospitality, and Retail
• FF&E Specification/Budget Packages (Vendor Specs, Shop Drawings, and Referenced Plans)
• Design/Construction Documents to Architect/GC
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide - W Hotels Corporate Office, Design Coordinator (Contract)
• In-House Design Consulting for Outsourced Designers – according to W Hotels property standards
• Development of FF&E packages from initial design concept through to product research and specification.
This included development of FF&E budget and specification writing.
(Vendor Specs, Shop Drawings, and Referenced Plans)
• Design (Styling) Development/Presentation for W Hotels (Color, Material, And Textile Selection)
• Custom Furniture/Product Development
• Sketch/Renderings, Auto CAD, and Photoshop
New York Fashion Week 2008, Design Assistant for W Hotels
• Preliminary Design Development
• Presentation - Plans and Elevations
• Project Installation
MCG Architecture, Project Specialist
• Developed schematic design and development for retail prototypes
• Site Plan analysis and development
• Hospitality design development for Marriott Hotels
• Color and Material selection for various mixed-use, retail, and hospitality projects.
• Auto CAD, Sketching, and Photoshop
Academy Of Art University, Masters, Interior Architecture/Design
MFA - INTERIOR ARCHITECTURE/DESIGN
Art Institute of California-Los Angeles, Bachelors, Interior Design
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE - INTERIOR DESIGN
CONCENTRATION: INTERIOR ARCHITECTURE