Registered Interior Designer with 25+ years of experience and a proven track record of successes in commercial interior design, having worked in both creative agency and corporate environments.
Team manager, who has inspired and led staffs, driving projects to completion utilizing strong budgeting, planning, and technical skills.
Strong problem solver who likes to think outside of the box, and is recognized for on-time and within budget completions, delivering projects that meet customer needs, and strengthening client relationships.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ensuring that teams are synchronized in their knowledge, energy, focus, expectations, projections, and ideas to accomplish a goal.
KBAdesign, Principal - Director of Interior Architecture
A provider of interior design services. Oversee full strategic and P&L for interior design functions for up to 30 projects per year with budgets to $45 million. Lead multiple design projects ranging from 5,000 square foot office spaces to a 500,000 square foot new headquarters relocation. Guide clients through programming, space planning / schematic design, furniture specification and selection, design development and construction documentation.
• Key contributor to consistent revenue growth by driving the core business expansion beyond corporate interiors to include hospitality, restaurant and bar, multi-family projects and a new national WWII museum project.
• Collaborate with staff, contractors, vendors and clients to provide exceptional service and innovative design solutions, to create spaces that align the human element with state-of-the-art technology.
• Directed all architectural and interior design services for a 50,000 square foot corporate headquarters facility and LEED Certified Silver Project for the first non-profit (Senior Source) to attain LEED status in Dallas, Texas.
o Employed innovative, green products to create a durable, maintenance-friendly space that positively transformed the client’s corporate brand / image, organizational culture and business growth.
AGUIRREcorporation, Director of Interior Design
A 150 + person architectural / engineering / construction firm. Built and managed a high-performance team of 25 architects, interior designers and engineers using metrics, training and organizational modeling. Set strategic direction and tactical plans to accomplish client goals.
• Drove exceptional interior design initiatives by leading the department as the top company revenue producer.
• Established long-term relationships with several Fortune 500 companies resulting in long-term commitments, including some for more than 15 years, to the firm.
• Spearheaded the merging of five regional office locations into a single large 300,000+ square foot AT&T call center.
o Analyzed space requirements to accommodate 10-year growth estimates.
o Converted a big box warehouse into a sun-filled, collaborative open office space using raised flooring and demountable wall systems to prepare for future growth.
o Fostered a cohesive organizational culture by creating a welcoming atmosphere which encouraged formerly separate entities to easily collaborate.
Donna Vaughan & Associates, Project Director
An interior design firm in the Dallas area. Managed a 10-member design team including hiring/staffing, directing work assignments, conducting performance reviews and organizing schedules.
• Organized project budgets, developed standards and guidelines for work processes and reviewed construction and design documents to ensure constructability and design intent.
• Built collaborative relationships with outside consultants, preparing service proposals and managing design meetings.
• Created feasibility studies for real estate assessments, conducted programming interviews and prepared programming reports and business strategy recommendations.
Tandy Corporation / Radio Shack, Retail Designer / Special Projects
An American chain of wireless and electronics stores. Directed a team of designers to develop new and remodel existing stores. Partnered with construction, purchasing and finance stakeholders. Oversaw the design process for each store from schematic design through construction documentation. Aligned brandling guidelines while customizing for store sites. Designed the national Radio Shack storefront and worked as part of a team to create the “Incredible Universe” stores.
• Oversaw the design of the “Incredible Universe” stores containing 185,000 square feet of sales, service and warehouse space including a play area for children, in-house restaurants, interactive displays and the first computerized order-and-delivery checkout system.
• Successfully created a single storefront design for all mall-based Radio Shack stores across the country; collaborated with mall store owners and property managers to create one prototype design that met multiple building requirements.
• Explored new technologies and competitive retail patterning to continually modernize the store environment.
The University of Texas at Arlington, BArch, Architecture