3.5 Years of progressive experience in Academics, Architecture, Urban Planning and Heritage Preservation.
New York City Department of Transportation, New York, NY, US, Public Spaces Intern
• Developing an annual citywide plaza utilization and plaza evaluation report for the Public Spaces department.
• Establishing criteria by which public spaces are to be evaluated, setting up data collection materials and databases and creating a data collection action plan for current and for the future projects.
• Creating a final report template into which the annual results of the analyses can be entered for production.
Somaya & Kalappa Consultants Pvt Ltd, Architect
Leading a planning and design team responsible for presentations, municipal drawings, tender documents, working drawings, carrying out site visits, meeting up clients, consultants and carrying out work in conjunction. Each project involved studying building bye-laws specific to the project and incorporating the same in the architectural/planning layouts.
• Arts and Crafts Centre, for Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai: Adaptive re-use, Preservation, Planning.
• Cathedral Infant School, Malabar Hill , Mumbai: Redesign
• Cathedral Middle School, Fort , Mumbai: Architectural design, Preservation
• Dinshaw Sakar Petit Animal Hospital, Parel, Mumbai: Adaptive re-use, Preservation
• Nalanda International School, Baroda: Architectural, Master Planning
• BITS Pilani, Rajasthan – Master Planning, Urban Design.
Teach for India, Classroom Volunteer
Volunteer with a Teach for India fellow in Underprivileged Schools and Community in Slums of Mumbai
Vikas Dilawari, Preservation Architect, Architect
Led a project team responsible for designing, working drawings, surveying, measure drawings, interior design, preparation of tenders, BOQs, making presentations, carrying out site visits, site supervision. Each project required studying preservation laws specific to the site and adhering to them strictly in all interventions.
• Royal Bombay Yacht Club, Mumbai: Preservation, Adaptive re-use
• Elphinstone College, Mumbai: Preservation
• Institute of Science, Mumbai: Preservation
• Proctor House(YMCA) at Mumbai Central, Mumbai: Preservation, Adaptive re-use
New York University (NYU), New York, NY, US, Masters, Urban Planning
Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal, BArch, Architecture
B.Arch from Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology Bhopal(MA-NIT), India with a CGPA of 7.85/10 and 4th Rank in the B.Arch class of 2009
• Undergraduate Thesis -Revival of Heritage Art District at Kala Ghoda, Fort, Mumbai
• Pidilite Award for Best Design on Optimum Space Utilization
• Dissertation: Living Streets – a study on streetscapes
• Trophy Coordinator of NASA G-SEN 2006 – Redesign of old/heritage structure.
• Chief Coordinator – Annual convention of National Association of Students of Architecture.
• Executive Member of Association of Department of Architecture and Planning.
Pidilite Award for Best Design on Optimum Space Utilization, Award
Award for architectural thesis.