Prachee has over four years of progressive experience in Academics, Architecture, Urban Planning and Heritage Preservation. She has worked extensively on restoration projects and master planning projects in Mumbai, India. Having recently completed her Masters in Urban Planning from NYU Wagner, she is looking for opportunities with organizations that help develop human-centered innovative solutions to influence social change. Striving for social equity, her designs are driven by concepts of sustainable development and energy efficiency.
The Lefrak Organization, New York, NY, US, Energy Analyst Intern
• Conducted financial analysis of energy efficient measures implemented in various residential and commercial projects using market data and government policies and incentives.
• Assisted in obtaining LEED certification for a major residential project in New York City by studying present features and making recommendations as per LEED guidelines.
New York University (NYU), New York, NY, US, Research Assistant
• Worked on a research project to understand user choices for routes and congestion mitigation in the Washington, DC subway system by redesigning metro maps and conducting relevant research on cartography, user interface design.
New York City Department of Transportation, New York, NY, US, Public Spaces Intern
• Led the monitoring and evaluation program for the Public Spaces Department at NYC-DOT to help them identify the Plaza Program’s success and develop metrics to determine implementation of future plazas.
• Designed surveys, set up data collection materials and databases, conducted site visits, created an evaluation and monitoring plan and conducted research and analysis of the Plaza Program.
• Conducted research and analysis of zoning laws and identified potential locations for the City Bench and Pop Up Café programs using GIS data.
• Trained and managed about 40 volunteers from various graduate schools in New York City to administer the Plaza Program survey in the city by preparing materials and presentations.
• Assisted the department in conducting community outreach programs for the Plaza Program by preparing presentations, surveys and engaging with the stakeholders at these programs.
Somaya & Kalappa Consultants Pvt Ltd, Mumbai, IN, Project Architect
• Managed a design team, developed design and economic strategies for architectural and urban design projects, successfully completing four and initiating construction of two design projects with a focus on sustainable development.
• Led all phases of project planning from initial research to land use analysis, site visits, design development, budgeting, preparation of architectural and municipal drawings, presentations and final construction for various architectural and urban renewal projects.
• Worked as a design consultant for government projects liaising with the city government, private agencies, contractors and vendors.
• Managed day-to-day administration of several projects and supervised 3 interns and 2 architects in a group.
• Arts and Crafts Center, for Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai: Adaptive re-use, Preservation, Planning.
• Cathedral Infant School, Malabar Hill , Mumbai: Redesign
• Cathedral Middle School, Fort , Mumbai: Architectural design, Preservation
• Dinshaw Sakar Petit Animal Hospital, Parel, Mumbai: Adaptive re-use, Preservation
• Nalanda International School, Baroda: Architectural, Master Planning
• BITS Pilani, Rajasthan – Master Planning, Urban Design.
Vikas Dilawari, Preservation Architect, Mumbai, IN, Architect
• Led and managed a three member design team on urban redevelopment projects by proposing economic and design solutions, liaising with private clients, city government and contractors.
• Developed strategies for design intervention and successfully initiated the restoration work for two heritage structures in Mumbai, one of which just won the UNESCO heritage award.
• Successfully completed the redevelopment of a UNESCO award winning community housing project as part of a design team through design and economic strategies.
• Conducted community outreach programs and promoted the concept of preservation planning in the government and private sector by proposing adaptive re-use solutions for underused sites in Mumbai.
• Managed day-to-day administration of the office and supervised a group of 3 interns.
• Royal Bombay Yacht Club, Mumbai: Preservation, Adaptive re-use
• Elphinstone College, Mumbai: Preservation
• Institute of Science, Mumbai: Preservation
• Proctor House(YMCA) at Mumbai Central, Mumbai: Preservation, Adaptive re-use
• Lal Chimney Compound, Mumbai: Preservation
New York University (NYU), New York, NY, US, Masters, Urban Planning
Masters of Urban Planning specializing in International Development.
• Capstone Project - Metropolitan Governance and Finance, affordable housing, service delivery, and inequity - A case study of Cape Town, South Africa
• Wagner Experience Fund 2012 winner.
• Wagner Academic Scholarship 2011-13
Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal, BArch, Architecture
B.Arch from Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology Bhopal(MA-NIT), India with a CGPA of 7.85/10 and 4th Rank in the B.Arch class of 2009
• Undergraduate Thesis -Revival of Heritage Art District at Kala Ghoda, Fort, Mumbai
• Pidilite Award for Best Design on Optimum Space Utilization
• Dissertation: Living Streets – a study on streetscapes
• Trophy Coordinator of NASA G-SEN 2006 – Redesign of old/heritage structure.
• Chief Coordinator – Annual convention of National Association of Students of Architecture.
• Executive Member of Association of Department of Architecture and Planning.
Wagner Experience Fund, Scholarship
Scholarship to pursue unpaid internship with NYC-DOT.
Wagner Academic Scholarship, Scholarship
Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship, Nomination
Pidilite Award for Best Design on Optimum Space Utilization, Award
Award for architectural thesis.