see all...Viewing 3 out of 4 projects
I am interested in obtaining a position that will provide an opportunity for growth and development as
a designer and problem solver in a work environment that promotes collaboration and teamwork in an effort to fulfill the visions and needs of clients.
I have completed all 7 divisions of the Architecture Registration Examination and I have recently passed the LEED Green Associate Exam. I am currently enrolled in the Intern Development Program of which I have approximately 1,500 hours remaining for completion. My most recent years were spent working for Wimberly Allison Tong & Goo in the hospitality sector. During my tenure there I worked on a variety of projects ranging in scale from a 250 key Resort and Casino in the Alexander Valley of Northern California, to the 1,500 key Atlantis the Palm Dubai. The complexity of many of these projects has allowed me to gain experience with retail, spa, dining, and convention space components. I have worked and coordinated with clients and consultants as close as Los Angeles and as far away as Beijing. Clients included such names as MGM, Kerzner International, Emaar Properties and Disney.
My day to day responsibilities ranged from assisting senior designers with creating and implementing various design solutions and sustainable strategies, collaborating with project managers, consultants, and clients to meet the needs of said individuals, creating design presentations, and actively participating in client / consultant meetings. Often times I was given smaller portions of a project, skylofts, porte chocheres, chapels, generator yards, of which I was the primary person responsible for the design and coordination of these elements. Prior positions throughout the years afforded me with opportunities to work on multi-family residential, commercial, and government project types.
Currently I am working as the Programs Associate with AIA Atlanta. I am responsible for working with the Board of Directors to create, plan and implement new programs and special events. I provide assistance with marketing and promotion and led all graphic design efforts for the office. I also volunteer with the Georgia Conservancy in their Blueprints for Successful Communities Department. My work with the Conservancy consists of community research for master planning efforts, implementing smart growth strategies, data collection, mapping, stake holder identification and master plan report editing
I believe that my strong work ethic and attention to detail would prove extremely valuable to a company that makes design and customer service among its top priorities. I am self-motivated, energetic, and possess the attributes necessary to communicate well with a project team to complete the job task at hand.
American Institute of Architects Atlanta Chapter, Atlanta, GA, US, Programs Associate
▪ Worked with the Board of Directors to create, plan and implement new programs and special events.
▪ Provided assistance with marketing and graphic design promotion to AIA | ATL Colleagues.
Georgia Conservancy, Atlanta, GA, US, Volunteer
▪ Provide support to the Blueprints for Successful Communities Department on community development plans and various strategic projects.
WATG, Irvine, CA, US, Junior Designer
▪ Worked extensively with senior designers, project managers, consultants, and clients in the design and implementation of various domestic and international hospitality projects.
▪ Worked in conjunction with the LEED consultant to identify and implement sustainable design principles for a Hotel & Casino project.
▪ Maintained communication with Interior Design, Structural, MEP, Landscape, and Parking consultants as a part of the projects coordination team.
▪ Led the room layout design effort for a 374 key Urban Hotel with an additional 70 key Luxury Skyloft component.
▪ Conducted program analysis for 1 million plus square feet projects.
▪ Organized and conducted firm tours for prospective architecture students.
University of Southern California (USC), Los Angeles, CA, US, Graduate Reserch Assisstant
▪ Assisted a professor with research on ancient Mayan cities and the documentation of various student works.
HKS Inc, Beverly Hills, CA, US, Intern
▪ Supported teams in implementing schematic, design development, construction documents, and construction administration phases on commercial, healthcare, and mixed use projects.
Turner Assocites Archtiects and Planners, Atlanta, GA, US, Intern
▪ Primarily assisted senior designers in schematic and design development phases of multi-family residential and government projects.
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA, US, Counselor / Instructor
▪ As a member of OMED Educational Services I provided counseling and leadership services for over 100 incoming freshmen for Challenge program participants.
▪ Instructed orthographic drafting to students matriculating into the College of Architecture.
▪ Created and conducted informational workshops for participating students.
University of Southern California (USC), Los Angeles, CA, US, MArch, Architecture
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA, US, Bachelors, Architecture