see all...Viewing 3 out of 5 projects
I am an award winning architect, practicing in New England for the past 24 years. During that time, I have worked for several companies both large and small. For the past twelve years, I have worked for a design build and now professional services firm known as Plan Ahead, Inc. as Vice President of Architecture and Design. The majority of the firm’s work over the past 37 years has been for the financial institution market in the New England area.
· As the Vice President of Architecture and Design, I have not only been responsible for the day to day operation of the architecture department and its staff, but also project phasing and budget analysis. Major responsibility included the daily coordination of a staff of architects and interior designers for multiple projects types at various stages of completion.
· Developed conceptual site plans in coordination with in house real estate development team to demonstrate viability of various sites for a variety of project types.
· Since 1998, the firm has expanded its project types from financial institutions to single family custom homes, retail, commercial and institutional work as a direct result of my initiatives.
· I am highly skilled in the design, production and administration of architectural contract documents for a variety of project types. I have received Design Excellence Awards thru the AIA for a variety of project types over the years. I am proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite of products as well as Microsoft Project, Adobe, Photoshop, AutoCAD and Google SketchUp.
· I am a self-starter and bring an entrepreneurial style of management to a team of professionals. By empowering my staff with a vested interest in the Company’s goals and success, I found that they were highly motivated and results oriented.
· I have a proven track record of delivering a variety of projects from concept through construction within designated timelines using Microsoft Project as a tool for planning and coordination.
More recently over the past several years, I have led the firm in developing retail branding for their primary financial services client at their new branch locations. By expanding the traditional financial institution customer experience into one which is more retail focused, the customer base has expanded, increasing deposits at those locations. These strategies continue to be fine-tuned at each new branch, whether it’s a stand-alone pad site or interior fit-out. Key to all of them is a consistent brand image, both internal and external, which successfully competes against other aging financial institutions in the area. Efforts are currently being deployed to modify their existing branch locations to incorporate similar strategies to create a more consistent brand image throughout their branch bank portfolio including their main office location.
This strategy was so successful that in fact, Danversbank, a publicly owned corporation for the past five years, was recently acquired by People’s United Bank in an effort to expand their foothold in the Boston metropolitan area. Along with three downtown Boston branches, People’s United Bank acquired an additional 26 branches through the merger.
Plan Ahead, Inc., Vice President
• Optimized business growth to transform design/build company into full service architectural firm. The 5-year effort involved promoting a cultural shift and getting the backing of the CEO, which was achieved by demonstrating results, financially and organizationally.
• Led initiative to develop retail branding strategies for financial services clients (banks and credit unions) at new branch locations, which focused on retail driven customer experiences – ultimately, resulting in improved growth (deposits) for clients.
• Elevated the firm’s standards and design parameters, ensuring adherence from all employees. The best practices developed focused on quality, customer satisfaction, excellence in design, hard work, timely completion of projects, and highest level of ethics and integrity.
Shepley Bulfinch, Senior Architect/Design Coordinator
Oversaw and orchestrated work activities for mechanical, electrical, structural and fire protection engineers in support of a major project; a new 150,000 sf addition and renovation to Dartmouth College’s Baker Library.
Jaquith and Siemasko, Architect
Architect responsible for commercial projects from design through construction administration and project management. Commercial projects included renovation to Library and new Dormitory facility for Landmark School in Beverly, Massachusetts, health care facility for Lahey Clinic North in Beveryly, Massachusetts, various store locations through out New England for JB Scoops ice cream company and Stonehedge Inn's reception facility in Tyngsborough, Massachusetts.
Willimam Balkus Associates, Architect
Architect responsible for a variety of project types from design through construction administration and project management. Major project included new multi-tenant retail building for Richardson's Farm in Middleton, Massachusetts.
PHB Architects, Owner/Sole Proprietor
Sole proprietor in charge of entire architectural operation from design, marketing and office administration. Produced several large scale single family residences featuring a 7,000 sf shingle style residence on Squam Lake in Centre Harbor, NH, and a 10,000 sf shingle style residence in Salem, New Hampshire.
Matarazzo Design, Architect
Architect responsible for schematic design through construction administration of a variety of project types. Major project included the design of a 35,000 sf Inn and conference center in Tyngsborough, Massachusetts that went on to win a Design Excellence Award from the NH AIA and a Associated General Contractors Award from Massachusetts.
Phillip Schuyler Tambling Architects, Intern Architect
Intern Architect responsible for production drawings on a variety of project types. Major project included new art studio for Governor Dummer Academy in Byfield, Massachusetts.
Dennis Mires, PA: The Architects, Intern Architect
First employee of Dennis Mires, PA: The Architects. Was responsible for the day to day maintenance of office files, supplies and general organization. Worked on a variety of project types, but primarily custom single family homes and renovations.
University of New Hampshire, AutoCad I & II
Certified in Auto Cad I & II
Harvard University, Project Management
Study project management techniques for A & E firms.
Harvard University, Landscape Graphics
Continuing education studies with a focus on graphic design and presentation techniques using markers and prisma color pencils.
University of Miami, BArch, Architecture
Completed a 5-year bachelor of architecture degree with a focus on design and planning.
Preservation Award for the renovation of a 30,000 sf former turn of the century bank in Watertown, Massachusetts downtown square.
Design Excellence Award for the renovation of a 30,000 sf former turn of the century bank in Watertown, Massachusetts downtown square.
AIA NH, Award
Design Excellence Award for a new 35,000 sf Inn and Restaurant in Tyngsborough, Massachusetts.
Design Excellence for Countryside Village Clubhouse in Manchester, New Hampshire
Design Excellence for new truck stop for Evan's Fuel Mart in Lebanon, New Hampshire