As a designer, artist and a social thinker, Sonal is interested not only in making a place beautiful, but in understanding and studying the past and present and how the various elements of a society can co-exist and work well to thrive itself and the others. To make not only a liveable place, but something that is timeless and dynamic in terms of accommodating change of time, of people, of use.
Department of Planning, City of Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, US, Planning Intern
Community Redevelopment Agency of the City of Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, US, Planning Intern
Working on presentations for Chinatown Redevelopment Project
o Making recommendations for signage's and board displays.
· Working on GIS map representation of existing and 2000 data of physical conditions of Toy District, Downtown and comparison of the same.
· Researching on Clean Tech Corridor project.
· Working with Edward Huang, and reviewing redevelopment/ redesign/refurbishment projects in Chinatown
Architecture Paradigm, Junior Architect
University of Southern California (USC), Masters, Urban Planning
Master of Urban Planning program (MPL) at the University of Southern California (USC) address issues such as:
* How can we make a city greener without creating inefficiencies that adversely affect residents’ lives?
* How can we protect vulnerable communities while managing growth and change?
* What balance does a region need between private and public transportation?
* What design components could we insert into neighborhood plans to help residents live healthier, more socially connected lives?
* Cities are growing around the world. How does the American experience compare and contrast to the challenges and opportunities in Asian or Latin American cities?
* How do we envision a healthy, prosperous future to create livable and sustainable communities?
VTUniversity Rank Holder for excellence in academics, 3rd Place
Stood 3rd in the University for excellence in academics- B.Arch