Marketing and business development professional with twenty-five years experience marketing for architectural, engineering and construction firms. Successfully completed a diverse range of assignments - including database development, corporate identity, strategic planning, market research, web design, along with proposals and presentation for major transportation, education, health care, civic, residential and commercial projects.
An active member of the Society for Marketing Professional Services (SMPS) and have served two terms as New York Chapter president, six years as treasurer. Also served on several National committees and task forces, including the Certification Committee from 2003 - 2008 (Chaired in 2004-5) and the Marketing Communications Award Committee from 2011 - 2014,Co-chaired in 2013. Became a Fellow of SMPS (FSMPS) in 2011.
Presented at over twenty programs, including local and regional conferences and educational seminars, and written several feature articles on marketing.
Specialties: Strategic Planning, Market Research, Corporate Identity and Branding, Proposals, Presentations, Web Design, Special Events Planning.
DF Gibson Architects, New York, NY, US, Director of Business Devemopment
- Managed the marketing and business development initiatives of a boutique design/planning firm and its marketing alliances with engineering and architectural affiliates.
- Initiated new business development/marketing campaigns which resulted in new clients and contracts in the governmental and institutional markets.
- Developed marketing collateral, statements of qualifications, SF 330s, proposals and presentations for projects in the K-12, higher education, cultural, civic and energy markets.
- Prepared grant applications and supports clients’ fundraising initiatives.
- Chaired monthly strategic marketing meetings with focus on both short and long term initiatives.
Urbahn Architects, New York, NY, US, Director of Marketing
• Managed the marketing department of an ENR Top 500 architectural firm and supervised in-house marketing staff and outside consultants for strategic planning, graphic design, photography and presentation coaching.
• Supported principals in business development campaigns and lead generation.
• Developed new corporate identity, including the design of a new logo, and production of printed and web-based materials and graphic standards.
• Prepared successful SOQs, SF 330s, proposals and presentations for projects up to $250 million in the K-12, higher education, justice, transportation, healthcare, R&D, civic and commercial markets.
• Developed accounting and budgeting protocols for marketing and business development expenses in both general marketing and proposal specific categories.
• Chaired strategic monthly planning meetings that resulted in an increased focus on design excellence.
Ismael Leyva Architects, New York, NY, US, Director of Marketing
• Started and organized the marketing and business development program for a five-year old, forty-person architectural firm.
• Spearheaded efforts to identify and penetrate new markets and clients.
• Prepared proposals, statements of qualifications, pre-qualification and MBE applications.
• Managed the efforts of outside public relations consultants, increasing the overall awareness of firm.
Vollmer Associates LLP, New York, NY, US, Director of Marketing
• Managed the in-house marketing department of an ENR Top 150 engineering and design firm.
• Managed the production of proposals and SF 254/255s; information and data management; corporate marketing and marketing budget reports.
• Coordinated the efforts of an outside PR consultant, in-house graphics department, copywriters and nine branch offices.
Castro-Blanco Piscioneri & Assoc., Architects, New York, NY, US, Associate & Director of Marketing
• Oversaw marketing planning and operations for a fifty-person architectural firm serving the education, transportation, housing and governmental market sectors.
• Developed marketing plans and budgets.
• Member of Principals & Associates Committee - advising Principals on firm-wide planning issues.
• Prepared marketing materials for qualification statements, SF 254/255s, proposals, presentations and public relations - including technical and editorial writing, graphic design, desktop publishing and fee proposals.
• Supported principals in business development/lead generation activities and maintained relationships with client and consultant firms.
Lehrer McGovern Bovis, New York, NY, US, Market Research Analyst
Market Research Analyst (01.90 – 06.93)
• Provided corporate wide market research and analysis for strategic planning and targeted marketing/ business development campaigns for an international ENR Top 10 CM firm.
• Created, designed and managed a corporate wide database for project data, leads and mailing/contact list.
• Developed and maintained corporate wide research and resource information library. Introduced on-line research to marketing operations.
• Developed and produced marketing activities reports and statistics.
• Coordinated weekly marketing/business development meetings.
Assistant Project Manager (04.86 – 01.90)
• Managed construction trade contracts - from requests for proposal to punch listing - on the Ellis Island and Central Park Zoo projects. Prepared change orders, cost estimates and reviewed requisitions for payments.
Pace University, White Plains, NY, US, Masters, MBA - Marketing & Financial Management
Strategic Market Planning
Organizational and Consumer Buying Behavior
University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, US, Bachelors, BS Architecture
Building Technologies - MEP Engineering, Structural Engineering, Lighting, Acoustics
Elevated to Fellow by Society for Marketing Professional Services for contribution to professional services marketing and the Society
Recognition by SMPS New York Chapter for leadership of and contribution to the Chapter and Scoiety