I have recently graduated from SUNY-UB with a Masters degree in Architecture ( September-2013 )
Being musically inclined, I use music composition to develop architectural designs. I believe “Architecture is Music and Music is Architecture. “ The very fact that any creative thought evolves in the heart in its purest form, strives me to relate and fathom the importance of music in architecture.. I feel design comes to life in a building like all the musical notes come together to give a beautiful rhythm.
F r e e l a n c e r, Mumbai, IN, Architect
Worked for a redevelopment project to design two 24-storey residential towers located in Mumbai, India.
• Developed concepts for the site plan and prepared schematic and presentation drawings including digital 3D models.
• Coordinated with the developer, client, civil engineer and liaisoning architect.
E d i f i c e C o n s u l t a n t s P r i v a t e L i m i t e d, Mumbai, IN, Architectural Designer
Worked on various high-end residential projects located in different parts of India.
Developed presentations for a 5-star hotel project proposed in Kolhapur, India.
• Prepared set of working drawings.
• Developed presentation drawings by improving schematic design.
• Coordinated constantly with the 3D department and the group head.
• Provided immediate design solutions when required.
• Gathered information regarding design, specifications, materials and equipment.
V P S A D e s i g n e r s, Mumbai, IN, Junior Architect
Involved in implementation and execution along with inventory and labor management for 12-storeyed
T a l a t i & P a n t h a k y A s s o c i a t e d P r i v a t e L i m i t e d, Mumbai, IN, Intern Architect
Worked on several high-end bungalows.
• Improved plans and sections, and produced striking elevations.
• Generated renderings, 3D models, working drawings, electrical layouts and presentation drawings.
University at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY, US, MArch, Architecture
During the course of the program, I focused on Ecological Practices, Abstract Architecture and Inclusive Design as my graduate research groups. These research groups helped me effectively develop my design, software and model-making skills.
As a part of the course curriculum, I researched on kinetic architecture (shape memory alloys), lightweight materials (Polli-bricks) and passive energy systems to make my designs self-sustainable and light-weight in its nature. I also experienced working in a team on a live project in the Outer Harbor, Buffalo, NY to design a bascule bridge and an urban design master plan for Erie Canal Harbor Development Corporation (ECHDC). I pushed myself to take up a digital media course to enhance my software skills in Rhinoceros, Revit architecture and Grasshopper which in turn helped me complete an entire studio project in Revit Architecture and Adobe Design Suite. During the course of my study, I have also worked with Laser cutter, Plasma cutter and CNC router. Among many extra-curricular activities, I have actively participated in the non-profit organization- Habitat for Humanity, where I explored different materials, tools, and techniques and was highly benefited by the practical knowledge.
BHARATI VIDYAPEETH COLLEGE OF ARCHITECTURE, Mumbai, IN, BArch, Architecture