Eight year design and creative career spanning interior, fashion, and costume design, as well as marketing for award winning companies. Balance of design skills, strong technical background, and dedication to delivering strong quality results. Skilled at working with clients and co-workers through the creative process to consistently surpass expectations and meet deadlines in rapidly changing environments. Talent for leading and teaching other imaginative professionals which builds a solid support environment.
Weibel Design, San Diego, CA, US, Design & Personal Assistant
Responsible for field measuring, floor & space plan renderings, elevations, perspectives, details, research, custom design ideas, FF&E selections, client correspondence, coordinating meetings with vendors and clients, shopping, and the creation of project binders to separate the different projects.
• Organized complete transformation of disorderly office environment for owner, resulting in reduced errors, increased efficiency, and happier clients
• Collaborated with owner designing appealing space plan layouts and custom cabinetry designs for high end residential homes, apartment renovations, and hotel penthouse while meeting client lifestyle needs
• Created new home office and guest room design layout for owner including floor plan and built-in ideas to improve room function and ease of work in a small space
• Established accounts on a variety of social media platforms, generating a large network of business professionals as well as project leads
The Old Globe Theatre, San Diego, CA, US, Seamstress/Asst. Stage Manager
Lead contributor to a team that was responsible for mock up samples, construction of garments, cutting patterns, application of notion and trim details, pressing, steaming, and delivery of costumes to show managers on a timely basis in a fast paced environment.
• Worked with team at a Tony Award winning theatre learning and teaching advanced sewing skills, and contributed long hours to create elaborate garments to be seen by tens of thousands of patrons
• Participated in the costume creations that led to the following awards and nominations: The San Diego Theatre Critics Circle’s 2010 Craig Noel Awards – Outstanding Costume Design - Gregg Barnes, “Robin and the 7 Hoods,”; The San Diego Theatre Critics Circle’s 2012 Craig Noel Awards Nominee – Outstanding Costume Design - Deirdre Clancy, “Inherit the Wind”
• Assistant stage managed the third annual Summer Shakespeare Intensive for select group of high school students whom I taught the vital roles of quick changes, prop placement, and being ready for your next cue while maintaining a calm backstage
Lamb's Players Theatre, San Diego, CA, US, Seamstress/Pattern Maker/Cutter/Asst. Stage Manager/Wardrobe
Worked closely with costume designer and small costume shop team at San Diego’s number one ensemble theatre to create imaginative visions from illustrations and initial concept to award winning costumes by means of draping, pattern making, research, fittings, sewing, and sculpture to create one of a kind designs.
• Improved productivity and quality by implementing organizational principles in chaotic atmosphere which resulted in meeting deadlines and having costumes ready for shows
• Direct participation in costume creations that won The San Diego Theatre Critics Circle’s 2011 Craig Noel Awards – Outstanding Costume Design – Jeanne Reith, “The Servant of Two Masters”
• Assistant stage managed on high intensity show with little experience and performed with outstanding confidence, winning praise from managers and referral to come on as a full time employee
Senior Resource Group, Del Mar, CA, US, Graphic Designer for Marketing
Designed multiple advertisements, postcards, newsletters, logos, and brochures for 18 luxury retirement communities that were recognized by the National Association of Home Builders.
• Developed consistent look and feel for all marketing material while maintaining the communities individual brand and aesthetic appeal, earning kudos from marketing team
• In house printing and cutting which allowed for prompt distribution to the multitude of communities and ability to create new marketing materials daily
• Regular marketing resulted in increased knowledge of the communities and more informed tenants or prospective retirees
Design Line Interiors, San Diego, CA, US, Technical Designer/Space Planner
Created detailed AutoCAD drawings using company’s standards which included scaled floor plans, reflective ceiling plans, built-in cabinetry and moulding details for high end model homes at number one design firm.
• Brainstormed daily with architects, engineers, and fellow designers on multiple large scale homes and sales offices in which I was responsible for complete technical packages for builders that were printed in house
• Maintained organized project binders and virtual files for clear and concise records of all projects I oversaw
• Participated on projects that won 2008 National Association of Home Builders awards, 2007 Marketing and Merchandising Excellence awards, 2007 Professional Recognition in Sales and Marketing awards, 2007 ELAN awards, 2007 SAM awards, 2006 Marketing and Merchandising Excellence awards, and 2006 ELAN awards
San Diego Mesa College, San Diego, CA, US, Fashion Design
I received a certificate in Fashion Design from Mesa College. I was the schools fashion show coordinator for 2009, I hosted the show, I created most of the print media for the show including posters, tickets, a news letter, and won the logo design competition held the year prior. I also received scholarships for excellence in fashion design and held a couple internships, one being with the prestigous Zandra Rhoades. I was also the Co-President of the fashion club for 1 year.
California CAD Teacher, San Diego, CA, US, CAD Training
Certificate training for CAD classes. A bundle of 3 classes to refresh my memory on the program and learn new techniques.
Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA, US, Bachelors, Interior Design
Studied at an accredited school for interior design with a focus in retail and hospitality. I was on the dean's list regularly, held a couple internships, and received a scholarship for excellence in design as well as had some art work featured in the student gallery on multiple occasions. I was also a student mentor my Junior and Senior years to underclassmen in the Interior Design program.
Fashion Club Design Scholarship, 1st Place
Awarded to a 3.0 or higher gpa student in the field of fashion design.
Fashion Program Scholarship, 1st Place
Awarded to a student with great design and good grades.
Roger S. Baugh Scholarship, 1st Place
Interior design award for excellence by a 3.5 or above gpa student.