I have a Master of Interior Architecture and three years of experience working on retail, restaurant, hospitality, and high-end residential projects based in the United States and Asia. Clients include St. Regis Hotel San Francisco, W Hotel Hollywood, Spago Restaurant Beverly Hills, and Four Seasons-Wolfgang Puck Hotel and Restaurants Bahrain Bay. Other recent projects include working as both the Production Designer and Host for a lifestyle web show distributed by AOL, and set styling for a ProFoto Photography Workshop Series.
For my complete resume and portfolio, please visit: www.monikateuffel.com
Waldo's Designs, Los Angeles, CA, US, Designer
- Procured and purchased furnishings, artwork, and accessories for high-end residential, restaurant, and hospitality projects.
- Conferred with client, team members, vendors, and consultants on space planning, utilization of furnishings and equipment, and material and finish coordination.
- Estimated material requirements, costs, and schedules to present to client for approval.
- Created proposals and purchase orders for labor, equipment, furnishings, and materials.
- Produced design presentation materials.
Retail Element, RE Consulting Inc., Marina del Rey, CA, US, Designer
- Collaborated with Principal on concept and design development for retail and restaurant clients in the United States, Japan, and China.
- Researched market trends and competitors.
- Produced schematic designs, plans, rendered drawings, and material boards.
Theresa Fatino Design, Manhattan Beach, CA, US, Design Assistant
- Prepared presentation packages, including FFE specifications, for hospitality projects.
- Assisted in management of project material selection, budget, and schedule.
UCLA Extension / Cal Poly Pomona, Los Angeles, Master of Interior Architecture
University of California, Irvine, Irvine, CA, Bachelors, International Studies
Triple Minor: Management, Japanese Language & Literature, Art History
Pembroke College, Cambridge University, Cambridge, England / Florence, Italy, Bachelors, Art History / International Economics