see all...Viewing 3 out of 30 projects
I'm available immediately for employment. I am currently interested in an opportunity which allows me to continue my design management role while being able to consider design sensibilities and opportunities to expand the scope of my project experience.
Recently, I've focused my career to excel in refined design solutions while examining the art, style and curating of architecture and interior design. My artisan work as Owner and Creative Director of ETHER Atelier has allowed me to examine of material aesthetics and to transform it with my hands, considering new design vocabulary at a closer level.
The last few years I've honed my skills in becoming a discerning designer by working for an interior designer. Interior design concepts, furniture, fabrics, finishes and the general know how in putting it all together has been part of this training. I’ve worked with some of the best craftspeople and makers and had my hand in countless pieces of collection-worthy furniture I've personally made myself. I have a lot of resources at my fingertips and I am eager to share what I have learned continue at a larger venue.
I have 5+ years experience running projects. This includes designers such as Amir Khamneipur Design, Bonetti Kozerski, 212box in various project types (commercial, residential, retail, government) and custom furniture. I have thorough experience executing SD, DD, CD phases from start to constructed finish.
Professional Artisan: I’ve run my own studio doing furniture and artistic finishes.The work is visionary, fun and a way to create my own small universe that is unrestricted by conventional trade lines. That said, my know how in woodworking, metalworking, manufacturing, machining, materials, finishes, etc is a paramount skill. Please see this work at www.etheratelier.com
Interior Design: While I have been making furniture, I’ve freelanced for an interior designer and have come to know a lot about designing residential projects which incorporates a true interior design approach to furniture layouts, style, color, furnishings and soft goods.
Amir Khamneipur Design Inc, New York, NY, US, Interior Design Part-Time Assistant
AKD specializes in luxury interiors, a furniture line and one-off custom furniture projects.
- Coordinated residential interior architecture planning, lighting and millwork.
- Drafted interior design layouts, assisted FF&E selection and coordinated list of vendor items.
- Created budgets, coordinated client invoices and expedited all purchases and payments.
- Collaborated on design and engineering of custom furniture for private clients and Khamneipur furniture collection.
- Coordinated production with manufacturers in upholstery, woodwork, metal, lucite, stone and glass.
- Assisted in design presentation plans, interior concepts and inspiration image research.
Selected works: West Hampton Beach Residence (2,800sf), Park Avenue Residence (1,200sf), 2011-2012 AKD Collection
ETHER Atelier, Brooklyn, NY, US, OWNER, CREATIVE DIRECTOR/ ARTISAN
Clients include Yabu Pushelberg, MR Architecture + Décor, West Chin Architect, Rockwell Group, McKeough unLTD , work for private art collections, luxury brands and hospitality settings for custom furniture/art surface commissions.
- Developed my own proprietary line of innovative surfaces and surface artwork for furniture and wall paneling in hospitality settings.
- Collaborated with interior designers and sold furniture commissions from inception to completion presenting custom art surface concepts.
- Shop production in moldmaking, casting, metalwork & millwork, all aspects of production management.
- Art direction of sculptural wall relief in drawing representation; creation of original sculptural relief patterns.
Synthesis Incorporated, Brooklyn, NY, US, Project Manager
Synthesis is a design-build contractor working with clients directly from start to finish.
- Reinforced project scope and budget for office restacking design-build contract; managed costs and design solutions with client rep and attained contract compliance.
- Expedited client design signoffs and pre-construction (purchasing, specs, CD’s, engineering, vendor/subcontractor bids).
- Monitored project schedule milestones, site contractor quality control/progress, submittals, and design changes from team.
- Supervised daily construction site work and checked arrival of materials and equipment, directed field workers, organized tasks.
- Managed budget vs. real expense tracking, subcontractor progress and payments, and daily construction progress.
- Documented client meetings, field reports, agendas, change orders, RFIs, CSI specifications, logs.
- Won 3 new bid contracts under my supervision; Estimated new bid packages: summarized takeoffs, scope of work, special considerations and priced out materials/labor.
Selected works: Federal Public Defender/ GSA/ FDA Restacking, Central Islip NY (3 offices/ 13,000sf), FAA Ronkonkoma Renovation
bonetti/kozerski architecture DPC, New York, NY, US, Project Manager
- Led design production and coordination during SD, Bid, CD, CA phases in working drawing sets and specs for a large 27,000sf fashion headquarters.
- Addressed all communications with client, client representatives, and head employees.
- Organized design with team of consultants, engineers, sub-contractors, pre-construction GC, owners representative.
- Assisted design concept and materials for presentations.
- Assisted selection of FF&E fixtures and custom furniture systems.
- Performed CA, reviewing shops and submittals, troubleshooting site conditions, RFI’s, punch list.
- Managed staff for CD production.
Selected works: Ellen Tracy Headquarters (27,000sf), Benetton Development, Teheran Iran (proposal), André Balazs Properties Office (Asst), Bronfman Residence (Asst)
212box, New York, NY, US, Project Manager
212box is a full service multidisciplinary firm with architecture, graphic and product design services
- Project duties (see above BKS description) including:
- Led design concept for Redscout agency, Bostock Residence and solely managed implementation during SD, Bid, CD, CA phases
- Major design charrette contributions for marketing new business proposals/ competitions.
- Produced brochures and powerpoint presentations for new marketing graphics.
Selected works: Redscout Office (4000sf), Bostock Residence (2800sf), Double Helix Tower, Dubai UAE (proposal), Greenfire Urban Development (proposal)
David Hu Architect, New York, NY, US, Architectural Designer
DHA is an emergent architecture practice with projects in the NYC and Taiwan
- Introduced conceptual and investigative ideas using 3d models/renderings for demonstrating new design conditions.
- Articulated new design aesthetic representing firm’s mission in breakthrough Beach House project.
Selected works: Zois Beach House, Seagirt NJ (4800sf), Lobby, Taipei Taiwan
Gabellini Sheppard Associates, New York, NY, US, Intern-Architect
- Assisting development of working drawings
Selected works: Top of the Rock Observation Deck, NY NY (Asst)
Rhode Island School of Design (RISD), Providence, RI, US, BArch, Architecture
Architectural Association School of Architecture (AA), London, GB, Visiting Students Programme
Tulane University, Architecture