M.P.S. in Design Management
Pratt Institute, New York, N.Y.
Bachelor of Architecture (professional degree, NAAB accredited)
Polytechnic University of Puerto Rico
The New School of Architecture 2004 - 2010
University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras Campus
Biology Sciences Faculty 2002 - 2004
2008/ Hercules Project – American Institute of Architects Students (AIAS), Honor Award .
Micro urbanism strategies project in the San Juan metropolitan area.
2008/ Supersudaca - Think Tank of Architecture & Urban Research
The recreation of an urban installation in 'Isla Verde', Puerto Rico with the collaboration of Supersudaca members.
2006/ Charrette: Green Infrastructure and Our Cities, PR
Design development to articulate an ecologic network through the southwest coast.
1998/ High School Student Exchange, Düsseldorf-Germany
Developed the German language and explored intercultural experiences.
Current - NCARB (National Council of Architectural Registration Boards) member.
Current - AIA (American Institute of Architects) member, PR Chapter.
Current - USGBC (U.S. Green Building Council) member, Caribbean Chapter
Current - CAAPPR (Colegio de Arquitectos y Arquitectos Paisajístas de Puerto Rico), AIT
2007/2009 - OPEA (Organización Puertorriqueña de Estudiantes de Arquitectura) member.
2007/2009 - AIAS (American Institute of Architects Students) member, PR Chapter.
Windows XP/Vista and Mac OS X platforms
Google Sketchup Pro
3D Studio Max
English, Spanish, and basic German.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS & CREDENTIALS:
+ Environmental design Credentials – LEED GA Certified
+ Additional skills and interests include 3d expert, graphic design and photography. Great skills in presentation management that includes the production and design of graphic elements and organization of total layouts.
VOA ARCHITECTURE, New York, NY, US, Intermediate Architect
- Firm’s projects include work space, retail/commercial, and residential.
- Preparation of test fits, space planning and programming, and presentations.
- Participation in SD, DD. Main role in construction documents production.
- Submittals review.
- Assisted in construction administration meetings for work space projects.
- Developed design for competition of luxury residential single housing and
- Leader of Sustainable Committee.
Frank Pizzurro Architecture, Interiors & Consulting PC, New York, NY, US, Intermediate Architect
- Full participation in the conceptualization, design, space planning and construction phase
- Developed AutoCAD drawings including construction documents
- Constant communication with clients, suppliers and contractors
- Specialized in interior design renovations of residential and
- Invoicing and financial management of current projects
- 3D modeling
Hernandez-Bauza, PSC Architects, San Juan, PR, Architect
- Spearheaded the projects schematic and preliminary design
- Participated in the weekly construction supervisions and site visits
- Responsible for preparing weekly construction’s status reports and solved any arising issue of the ongoing projects
- Coordinated submittal resolutions
- Developed qualifications proposals for the firm
- Projects included small scale interior design residential, large scale public housing modernizations, demolitions, structural seismic retrofit, and institutional projects such as churches and libraries
Koi Alcom Development Communications, San Juan, PR, Production Studio Coordinator / 3D Modeler
- Coordinated with clients, consultants and contractors on the
impact of design within advertising alternatives
- 3D Modeling expert specialized in the Real Estate industry
- Artistic renderings and floor plan elaborations for residential and
commercial developments for marketing targets
- Residential and commercial conceptual rennovation design,
space planning, AutoCad drawings and home staging preparation
- Virtual landscaping arrangement and design
- Photo retouching expert
Innov+Arch, Washington, DC, Junior Addressing Analyst
- Temporary Job as a contractor with the US Census Bureau/ Geography Division for the PR Non ID-Project.
- Strong performance working with satellite and imagery systems using SUMO and MAGIC software.
- Developed skills working with mapping and geographic analysis.
- Security Clearance:
Favorably adjudicated for a position of Public Trust.
Moderate Background Investigation (MBI)
Fuster+Partners, Architects, San Juan, PR, Architectural Intern
- Assisted on the conceptualization and schematic design process for residential projects.
- Production of diagrams and graphic representations for client's presentations.
- Cad drawings production.
- As-builts preparation
Hernandez-Bauza, PSC Architects, San Juan, PR, Architectural Intern
- Assisting on design presentations and proposals for clients
- As builts preparation
- Cad and 3D modeling drafting
- Assist in the streamlining of the conceptualization and ideation process from schematic design through overall completion of projects.
- Office manager assistance.
- Permits and filing assistance.
- Review of product or shop drawing submittals during the construction phase.
Pratt Institute, Brooklyn, NY, Masters, Design Management
Design Management program is a two-year program created to bridge the disciplines of design and business management. The core of the masters focus on the role of design in the creation and management of strategic and sustainable advantage.
Polytechnic University of Puerto Rico (PUPR), San Juan, PR, BArch, Architecture