Having recently completed my studies in civil engineering, I am ambitious to continue my progress towards a career in Project Management. Throughout both school and work experience I have earned a reputation for thoroughness, organization, and eagerness to learn new skills from others while still willing to accept leadership roles and take charge, as well as being able to working both independently or as part of a team. I will do whatever it takes to bring a project to a successful consclusion.
I bring a variety of experiences from internships and prior work including estimating experience, program and project management. I have field experience in site surveying, hands on experience with carpentry, HVAC, electrical wiring, as well as classwork in architectural design, and technical software experience including AutoCAD, rhino, Microsoft project, and earthworks.
J.B. Lanagan & Company Inc., North Dartmouth, MA, US, Estimator/ Assistant Project Manager
• Provide estimation services for 10-15 construction bids per month analyze for completeness and adherence to scope of work. Member of a 3 person project management team
• Field engineering experience in commercial site development projects including site surveying, site layout, geotechnical analysis, equipment mobilization and material procurement.
• Maintain contact with sub-contractors, and vendors to coordinate work scedule and traffic
• Analyze blueprints, and construction documents throughout the construction process to determine work accuracy, and completeness.
Connectivity Data Systems, New York, NY, US, Data Management Consultant
• Collected and organized information for entry into and testing of their proprietary online database.
Paratus Group, New York, NY, US, Project Management Intern
• Attended, Monthly planning meetings with the clients and contractors, recorded minutes and compiled program updates to distribute to team members
• As part of a project team, tracked project issues and proposed solutions. Followed up with architects and engineers during all phases of project completion to ensure adherence to plan
• Analyzed change orders for variance to budget on projects ranging from $75mm-$125mm
• Created a multi-project and multi-client database to expedite future furnishing procurement and item cost estimation
• Prepared Request for Proposal (RFP) packages for Lighting, and Commissioning contracting agents.
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY, US, Bachelors, civil engineer
• Coursework Focus: Construction Management, Engineering Economics, Geotechnical Analysis, Highway Design, Hydrology, Ground Foundation Analysis, Steel/ Structural Design, CAD, Statics, Dynamics, Thermodynamics.
• Engineering Design: Lead a 6 person team, and oversaw the design and fabrication of a nano-hydroelectric generator, for home application, under a deadline and within a designated budget
Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA, US, architecture summer intensive
• Completed summer coursework in structure, form, architectural history and design. Gained experience in Studio Drawing and CAD.