Architecture graduate interested in social design, environmental design, healing environments, and urban design.
Available for full-time and part-time positions in architecture throughout the Chicago-area and abroad.
Publications: Curry, Milton S. F., editor. Editorial assistant, Liezel T. Pimentel. CriticalProductive V1.1: Theoretic Action. CriticalProductive, Inc. (2011).
Curry, Milton S. F., editor. Editorial assistant, Liezel T. Pimentel. CriticalProductive V2.1: Post-Capitalist City. CriticalProductive, Inc. (2012).
Williams, Peter and Liezel Pimentel. “Climate, Housing and Health: A Tripartite Challenge for the Poor.” Planetizen: Urban Planning, Design and Development Network. Urban Insight, Inc., (5 Nov. 2009). http://www.planetizen.com/node/41536.
Levy Restaurants, Chicago, IL, US, Architectural/Environmental Designer
- Spatial planning, design, and renderings for renovations and portable dining spaces in sports stadiums and convention centers throughout the United States, including Soldier Field, Ford Field, and the Miami Beach Convention Center.
- Programmatic/diagrammatic mappings also created for use in requests for proposals.
CriticalProductive, Inc., Ann Arbor, MI, US, Research/Editorial Assistant
CriticalProductive, Inc. is an architecture nonprofit organization.
- Development, preparation, organization, and publication of the first, second, and third issues of the new architecture journal, CriticalProductive, focused on sociocultural theories of design, space, and urbanism.
- Liaison between Editor in Chief, editorial board, graphic designer, and others involved in production.
- Prepared, planned, and executed symposium on exposure and accessibility of architectural practice to certain populations entitled “Curating Race, Curating Space”.
- Developed website, additional social media, and marketing materials.
- Successfully secured funding from the Graham Foundation in Chicago, IL and the National Center for Institutional Diversity in Ann Arbor, MI.
NHDM, Ann Arbor, MI, US, Research/Design Assistant
- Provided research and design assistance for exhibit, “No Stop Marconi”, featured at the 5th International Architecture Biennale Rotterdam, presenting possibilities for renovation and rehabilitation of disused Europoint Towers.
- Worked in team to develop floor plans, sections, and axonometric drawings using AutoCAD and Rhino software.
Better Future International, Chicago, IL, Grant Writer and Graphic Designer
- Researched potential grantors and applied for funding to support “Family Care” model, education programs, job training, health provisions, and food services in Tanzania, Sri Lanka, the Dominican Republic, and Haiti.
- Designed and developed logos, presentations, and marketing materials.
- Successfully partnered with the Center for Mind Body Medicine in Haiti.
ARCHIVE Institute (Architecture for Health), Research/Design Intern
- Assisted in writing grant proposals involving present projects in Haiti and Cameroon, working towards alleviating burden of HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, and malaria, through modifications and improvements in the built environment.
- Produced publications and articles concerning climate change, health, housing, and informal settlements.
James H. Webster and Associates, Urbana, IL, US, Draftsman and Assistant
- Drafted floor plans for residential and corporate properties, including updating floor plans for Lincoln Square Mall, a historic landmark and Victor Gruen designed mall in Urbana, IL.
- This work also involved rebranding and the production of internal floor plan documents for management and external floor plan documents/advertisements to show to prospective tenants.
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, US, MArch, Architecture
Graduated with Distinction
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Urbana, IL, US, Bachelors, Architectural Studies
Minor in Sociology
AIA Northeast Illinois Scholarship, Scholarship