I have 7 years of wide-ranging US & international experience. I've worked mostly educational and commercial projects, at varying scales, using varying materials, in both imperial and metric units.
I'm interested in sustainable design, digital fabrication and interactive architecture.
I'm familiar with US codes and standards and have experience with all phases of the planning and building process, from concept through to construction administration.
I'm open to new part or full-time opportunities on a contract or permanent basis.
Download my complete resume from www.ghevaria.com - and thanks for looking!
Salam & Giacalone Architects, New York, NY, US, Intermediate Architect
• Part of core project team for P.S.294X, a new K-5 public school in the Bronx, New York City
• Responsible for capital improvement projects at P.S.45R in Staten Island, New York City
• Created all renderings and drawings for the Special Mention winning entry for the ‘Under the High Line’ design competition
• Worked on design and renderings for ‘Innovative Bioclimatic European School Complex in Crete, Greece’ competition entry
• Implemented Rhino, Grasshopper and V-Ray as primary design and visualization tools for the office
Serie Architects, Mumbai, IN, Intermediate Architect / Studio Manager
• With Principal, managed small, award-winning architecture studio, overseeing 10 staff architects
• Oversaw design development of two medium-sized K-12 schools (Walkeshwar & Napean Sea Schools, Mumbai)
• Developed design and client proposals for 6-storey office building (RC Offices, Mumbai)
• Responsible for design, documentation and construction of a ten-storey office building (Verma Medical Trust, Mumbai)
• Supervised the renovation of a kindergarten building from pre-design to construction (GlobeTotters, Mumbai)
MK Think, San Francisco, CA, US, Job Captain
• Designed and implemented several projects at a medium-sized research, strategy, planning & architecture firm
• Developed design and construction drawings, administered construction for a K-5 school (Pinewood School, Los Altos)
• Produced construction documentation and code analysis for renovation of a historic theater (Marina Theater, San Francisco)
• Created needs analysis, strategic plan and schematic design for a law school building (Stanford University Law School)
• Conducted needs assessment: evaluated facilities and user experience, identified areas for redesign (San Francisco Art Institute)
• Formulated, researched and co-authored two research papers “Unsustainable City” & “Outsourcing Healthcare”
Brand + Allen Architects, San Francisco, CA, US, Junior Architect
• Designed upscale stores at medium-sized architecture firm with expertise in high-end retail
• Prepared construction drawings for Hermès, Marc Jacobs, and Ermenegildo Zegna stores in Dallas, Los Angeles and Las Vegas
• Collaborated with project manager for submittal review and construction administration
Rathod Liang Chavan Architects, Mumbai, IN, Intern Architect
• Assisted with design and documentation of architecture, interior design and furniture at small architecture firm
• Produced design development drawings for 2 private residences near Mumbai (Karjat & Alibag Residences)
• Conducted daily site supervision at residential interior design project (Mariwala Residence)
Southern California Institute of Architecture (SCI-Arc), Los Angeles, CA, US, MArch, Metropolitan Research + Design
Academy of Architecture, Mumbai, Mumbai, IN, BArch, Bachelor of Architecture
Under the High Line | Anonymous D Competition, Honorable Mention
Working as part of the Salam & Giacalone Architects team, we won special mention in this competition for an exhibition pavilion under the High Line in New York CIty.
Reinventing Chandigarh, Honorable Mention
Working as a team with with Pritish Savant, our entry for the redesign of the Governor's Mansion won Special Mention at the competition marking 50 years of Le Corbusier's Chandigarh.
G. Sen Trophy (Student Work), 1st Place
As part of the Academy of Architecture team, we won the First Prize for our analysis and redesign of an existing building in Delhi.
Zonal Design Competition (Student Work), Honorable Mention
Working as a team with Malak Singh Gill, we won Special Mention at the West Zone Student Convention in Mumbai, India for our design for a 'House for the Devil'.
Louis Kahn Trophy (Student Work), 1st Place
As part of the Academy of Architecture team, we won the First Prize for our analysis and documentation of traditional Indian building typologies.