Los Angeles, CA, US
see all...Viewing 3 out of 11 projects
Having completed his Bachelors and Masters in Architecture at University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka with RIBA part I & II recognition, Kennath found the opportunity to start his journey in architecture as a junior Architect working with one of the most prestigious Danish educated senior chartered architect in Sri Lanka.
Later in 2007 he moved to Los Angeles and joined to MGS architecture in Marina Del Ray,California gaining much valuable experience in Hi End residential projects and remodels. Later he got the chance to join with HH Fremer Architects in Los Angeles, earning more experience in Commercial, Institutional and forensic architecture.
In 2009 he earned LEED Accreditation and currently working towards Architectural license in California. Later in 2014 he joined KTGY group, Los Angeles as a Project designer , exploring innovative design stratergies for Mixed use and Multifamily projects expanding from Los Angeles to Seattle, WA. With gained experience of more than 7-8 years working in the field of architecture in California as well as in Sri Lanka, he is ready to contribute his talents and knowledge towards architecture and receive the joy of being a designer.
KTGY Architecture + Planning, Santa Monica, CA, US, Project Designer
Multifamily Housing projects.
Mixed use developments (Podiums and Wraps).
Age qualified single family homes.
TownHome developments - Work live units.
* Project research, zoning and planning code research
* Developing site plan , Project programing
* Developing floor plans , parking layouts.
* Research on density bonuses and other applicable incentives.
* Developing unit plans to match building codes.
* Continuous client and design team coordination.
* Leading associate designers to meet the design process goals.
* Developing 3D models, elevations.
* Entitlement submissions.
* SD phase coordination
* Coordination with CD developing teams to maintain the design intentions.
MH Powell & Co. Inc., Commerce, CA, US, Inhouse Designer, Job Captain
Large and medium scale Seismic designs
Seismic joint system design & Consultaion
Green building specialist (LEED AP)
MGS Architecture, Venice, CA, US, Associate Designer
Hi-End luxury residential designs & remodels
* Office and project team coordination
* Constant site visits and construction cordination
* 3D Presentations
* Construction drawing preperation
* Coordination with city of Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Van Nuys
* Product research, coordinating with suppliers
HH Fremer Architects, Los Angeles, CA, US, Intermediate Architectural designer
* Commercial and Institutional projects / Remodels & renovations.
* Forensic Architectural services related to fire hazards
* Preparation of Construction details and drawings
* Coordination with client organizations, design team and contruction team
Ranjith Alahakoon Chartered Architects, Colombo 7, Sri Lanka, Architectural Intern/ Junior Architect
1 Year post graduate internship
*Laxuary residential design.
*Multistory commercial & retail design
*Retail Interior designs
*Community development design projects
*Training new Interns
The Center for Health Design, Concord, CA, US, (EDAC) Evidence-based Design Accreditation and Certification
Healthcare Architecture - Design & Reasearch Implementations
US Green Building Certification Institue (GBCI), Los Angeles, CA, US, LEED New construction and major renovations
Westech College, Los Angeles, CA, US, Revit 2013, Revit Architecture, Structures & MEP
Architectural Modeling achieving maximum BIM performance,
Coordination Structural and MEP modeling with Architectural Modeling
University of Moratuwa, Colombo, Sri Lanka, Masters, M.Sc. Architecture (RIBA II)
- 2 year full time graduate degree
* Recognized by RIBA and CAA (Commonwealth Association of Architects) in exemption to RIBA - part II
-Passed with highly commendation for the final thesis
- Professional practice
- Urban planning
- Environmental design
University of Moratuwa, Colombo, Sri Lanka, Bachelors, B.Sc in Built Environment (RIBA I)
3 year full time degree
* Recognized by RIBA and CAA (Commonwealth Association of Architects) in exemption to RIBA - part I -Passed with Honors
- Design concept development, Design development
- Architectural Drafting (Hand and CAD)
- Environmental services
- Environmental studies/ Design
- Urban Studies / Planning
- Professional practice
- History of Architecture
- Fine Arts