I am an architectural designer with more than ten years of experience in all phases of design and construction. I've recently relocated to the Boston area due to my husband's work, and I am looking for a challenging new position.
Since graduating from the Master’s of Architecture program at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, I have worked at Sacco + McKinney Architects, a six person firm in Latham, NY; at HOLT Architects, a forty person firm in Ithaca, NY; and as a designer for Campus Planning, Design, & Construction at Syracuse University. Over the past decade, my work has emphasized higher education projects, but I have also worked on residential, commercial, and health care projects, as a team leader, as part of a team, and independently.
As my experience has grown, my responsibilities have expanded to include feasibility studies, client and planning board presentations, managerial, and construction administration duties. I have also created 3D computer models used for interior design, exterior architecture, or site planning purposes for many of these projects. I enjoy communicating with clients and consultants as well as with my co-workers. I have been a LEED AP (BD+C) for several years, and plan to sit for my ARE exams in the near future.
Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY, US, Architectural Designer
• Carnegie Library. Phases I & II of renovations to Math Department classroom and accessory spaces. Construction Documents.
• Eggers Hall. Renovation of 100 seat tiered seminar room. Schematic Design through Construction Documents.
• Bird Library, Plastics Pioneers Reading Room. Alterations to create a gallery and reading room for the study of plastics in history. Schematic Design through Construction Documents.
• Regent Theater Complex. Schematic Design for signage and branding.
• Lyman Hall, Environmental Health & Safety Services. Renovation of former laboratory as office and seminar spaces. Schematic design through Construction Administration.
• Women’s Building, Laboratory Renovation. Construction Documents and Administration.
• Kimmel Hall, Office of Residence Life Apartment. Modernization of Resident Advisor living quarters. Feasibility Study, Cost Estimate, 3D Model & Schematic Designs, Client Presentation, Finish and Product Selection, Construction Adminstration.
• Link Hall, Dean’s Suite. Renovation. Schematic Design and Construction Documents.
• Smith Hall. College of Visual and Performing Arts Department of Design, studios and public spaces. Schematic Design through Construction Administration.
• HB Crouse, Gifford Auditorium. Renovation of 398 seat Auditorium. Schematic design including 3D model through Construction Administration.
• Whitman School of Management, Academic Support Space. Renovation of office and conference space. Schematic design through Construction Administration.
• Walnut Hall. Conversion of dormitory “gang” bathrooms to private baths. Schematic Design through Construction Administration.
• Campuswide Accessibility Renovations. Surveyed the campus and documented modifications required to meet the accessibility requirements for the US Department of Health and Human Services Office of Civil Rights.
Holt Architects, Inc., Ithaca, NY, US, Architectural Designer
• Little Falls Hospital. Lead team for renovation of Hospital Registration and Main Entrance, Emergency Department, Ambulatory Procedures, & Intensive Care Unit. Design Development , Code Review, including NYS Dept of Health requirements, Construction Documents, Coordination with Owner and Consultants.
• Ithaca College, Peggy Ryan Williams Center. New construction of College Admissions Building, 57,500sf, LEED Platinum Certified. Construction Documents.
• Ithaca College, Classroom Addition & Pedestrian Concourse. New construction, 8,500sf, LEED Gold Certified. Schematic Design & Construction Documents
• Auburn Memorial Hospital, Behavioral Health Unit. Renovation of unused hospital wing to 14 bed inpatient unit. Schematic design.
Sacco + McKinney Architects, PC, Latham, NY, US, Architectural Designer
• St. Joseph’s Provincial House, Carondelet Hospitality Center. Renovations and Alterations to Auditorium and Guest Wing. Prepared Feasibility Report and Presentation to St. Joseph’s Community. Schematic Designs, Construction Documents, Construction Administration.
• International Charter School of Schenectady. Renovation to elementary school. Supervised Construction Documents. Construction Administration.
• Union College, Butterfield Hall Bio-engineering Labs. Renovation of 1919 classroom building to contemporary bioengineering laboratory. Determined faculty requirements. Schematic Layout, 3D model. Construction Documents, Construction Administration.
• Amherst College, Morrow Hall. Historic renovation of 1926 McKim, Meade and White dormitory. Schematic Design through Construction Documents.
• M&T Bank, Niskayuna Branch. Renovation and Addition. Construction Documents, including Site Design, Planning Board Presentation, Construction Administration.
• Union College, The Inn at College Park. Renovation of former 7 story hotel to College Dormitory and Conference Center. Fast-track project. Prepared Construction Documents. Assisted with Construction Administration.
• First Niagara Bank. Schematic Designs and Construction Documents for various branches.
• RPI Guest House. Renovation of historic house to “Bed & Breakfast”. Preparation of Construction Documents.
• Amherst College, North & South Halls. Historic Renovation of 1820s dormitories. Schematic Design through Construction Documents.
• Chinese American Heritage School. New Building. Construction Documents, Code Analysis, Bid Administration.
• Amherst College, Williston Hall. Historic renovation of 1850 classroom building to freshman dormitory. Schematic Design through Construction Documents.
• RPI Service Building. Redesign shops & shipping. Schematics, Construction Documents.
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, School of Architecture, Troy, NY, US, Teaching Assistant
Cotler & Horsch Architects, PC, Latham, NY, US, Architectural Intern
Ferraro Choi Associates, Albany, NY, US, Architectural Intern
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY, US, MArch, M.Arch I
GPA 3.8. Dean's List. Award for Excellence in Graduate Studies, 1998, 1999. Waxman Service Award 1999. Student representative on Curriculum Council 1999.
HARVARD COLLEGE, Cambridge, MA, US, Bachelors, Applied Mathematics
Brighton High School, Brighton, MI, US, High School, High School