I am a 2010 graduate from Rhode Island School of Design with a BFA in Interior Architecture. Currently, I am living, working and pursuing design opportunities in Connecticut.
To find out more about my work and design experience please visit my website katiedewar.com
Parish Associates, Fairfield, CT, US, Designer
- Developed and designed presentation and construction documents for conservatory, orangery and skylight projects using AutoCAD and SketchUp for clients and architects, ensuring that designs met client and architect needs while maintaining local code compliance.
- Managed $568,847 in product sales, including 8 installed projects and 80+ design drafts and bid proposals.
- Interfaced between local, national and transcontinental clients, manufacturers, engineers and contractors in order to manage and oversee product delivery and construction.
Transwestern, Assistant Property Manager
- assisted in managing four commercial properties with 29 tenants and 308,024 square feet in San Antonio and Brownsville.
- managed all tenant and building projects including tenant construction projects, relocations and events along with property owner transitions and acquisitions.
- administered all leases assuring compliance and executed tenant reconciliations and rent collections.
- drafted, documented, and processed all repair, utility, and service invoices for tenants and vendors along with management expense reports.
Department of Interior Architecture, RISD, Researcher
- reevaluated the 68 sources cited in the Human Factors bibliography in the Interior Architecture department.
- gained extensive knowledge in human factors design theory and was able to translate into my studio design work.
- final Human Factors bibliography was published for use within the department and library.
Fathom, Astorino Architects, Intern
- co-facilitated and organized consumer, user, and owner focus group sessions for branding and design of a local restaurant chain and national bank.
- reorganized and inventoried firm’s material library which included numerous collections of furniture, finishes, and equipment catalogs and samples.
Rhode Island School of Design (RISD), Providence, RI, US, Bachelors, Interior Architecture