Madison, WI, USLocation:
Fri, Jul 11 '14Posted on:
- This position is the in-house code expert responsible for code knowledge, research, interpretation, and peer reviews of project work for code compliance.
- Maintain an expertise of relevant code issues as related to individual municipalities, states, model building, ADA, etc. Serve as the technical expert to the firm regarding code compliance and related issues.
- Work with outside code consultants on select projects.
- Perform code analysis and advise/assist internal staff with code compliance and complex building issues.
- Conduct peer reviews of project documents at various phases of completion to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations and codes.
- Assist with code education of staff members on projects throughout North America.
- A minimum of ten years relevant architectural experience with at least five years code experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture or related field required.
- Full understanding of appropriate codes (municipal, state, IBC, Life Safety, NPFA and ADA) required.
- Thorough knowledge of the construction industry and its practices required.
- Registered Architect in the United States or Professional Engineer registration preferred.
- LEED AP preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.