RADA Architects, Chicago, IL, US, Architectural Technician
As one of four Architectural Technicians, I am responsible for implenting the key architectural tasks for the Residential Sound
Insulation Program, a City of Chicago project designed to reduce interior sound levels in qualifying homes surrounding
O’Hare International and Midway Airports. These duties include:
- Conducting independent on site home inventories, developing complete documentation of each home, including sketches,
construction schedule, and digital photographs.
- Preparing construction modification documents, including CAD drawings of each home, schedules and sketches.
- Coordinating field measurement appointments, investigating previously existing conditions, verifying tempered glass and window
restrictor requirements, as well as other potential code issues prior to construction.
- Reviewing HVAC and ELEC submittals for qualifying homes on site at field measurements.
The Chicago Consultants Studio, Consultant
- Edited and fine-tuned the 3D and graphic representation of the Master Plan for the 9,000 acre Roosevelt Roads Redevelopment project in Puerto Rico.
- Coordinated the advancement of the Master Plan during the acquisition process between The United States Navy and
the Government of Puerto Rico.
- Collaborated in strategic parcel and site design under numerous major environmental constraints and
produced/developed phasing diagrams in order to convey minimal environmental impact.
- Produced and developed parcel plans, developer packages and PowerPoint presentations during
pre-development stage in order to spark developer interests.
Inocencio Flynn Design, Intern Architect
- Completed broad range of rough and finish carpentry for several design/build projects, both residential and commercial.
- Responsible for fabrication and installation of custom cabinetry and furniture.
- Responsible for design and presentation renderings during design development for residential project.
Valerio Dewalt Train Associates, Intern
- Assisted with space and lease planning for several Merchandise Mart Properties across the country, including
Chicago, Los Angeles and New York.
- Responsible for presentation renderings during design development for several projects.
- Coordinated and built physical models for numerous projects including the winning competition entry for the UCSD
Graduate Student Housing Project in San Diego, CA.
William M. Karr & Associates, Architectural Designer
- Opened and established a branch office on St. Croix and implemented operating procedures.
- Designed a $5MM residential project on St. Croix through schematic design stage, coordinated and participated in
client meetings and presentations.
- Responsible for design and construction documents for the Ritz-Carlton Hotel restaurants on St.Thomas, as well
as the Ritz-Carlton Club expansion.
- Actively coordinated and participated in meetings with Ritz-Carlton executives throughout the project.
- P roduced construction documents for several condiminium developments on St.John.
University of Illinois at Chicago, Masters, Architecture
University of Michigan, Bachelors, Taubman College of Architecture and Urban Planning