Disciplined and dynamic professional with excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills and over 5 years of hands-on marketing and proposal experience. Recognized for productivity, dependability and ability to effectively prioritize, as well as for well-developed writing, editing and research skills; effective proposal leader and manager.
Computer Qualifications: MS Suite (2010), Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator (CS4), ACT! Version 6, and database programs (including SharePoint and CRM). Also comfortable with email protocol and Internet research. Familiar with both PCs and Apple computers.
Additional Professional Qualifications: Former member of the Society for Marketing Professional Services (SMPS); formerly served as event coordinator for the SMPS networking committee and local monthly roundtable.
Chapman University, Orange, CA, May 2006 - MA, Film Studies
University of Washington, Seattle, WA, June 2003 - BA, Comparative Literature
Turner Construction Company, Seattle, WA, Marketing Specialist
Coordinated winning, persuasive proposals for a top-ranked local and national General Contractor. Organized and managed the Proposal/Presentation process for over 100 proposals, including: writing and editing, printing and assembling, design layout, organization charts, site logistics plans, graphics, resumes, schedules, etc.
• Handled multiple proposal efforts simultaneously for projects ranging from $20,000 to $120 million, in addition to generating qualifications packages, interview materials, boilerplate updates, advertisements, press releases, awards submittals and coordinating photography site visits. Assisted in establishing local social media presence; also proactively managed proposal teams of 5-6 technical and sales personnel.
• Developed compelling responses to challenging and technical proposal questions within specified deadlines.
• Implemented new and improved proposal/presentation processes. Assisted in developing proposal templates that streamlined marketing processes, saving time and money.
• Coordinated and produced presentation boards and interview “leave behind” materials; also developed and maintained Master Resumes and Project Description Sheets, and organized data storage and management of photos, graphics, proposals, presentations, and promotional materials collateral.
• Photographed and produced videos of project sites for proposal use and social media distribution.
• Worked closely with the Sales Department, Manager of Business Development and Senior Executive Staff to plan proposal strategies, evaluate competition and develop “win themes”.
• Marketing representative for the Green Steering Committee, a company initiative established to aggressively pursue sustainable efforts on the jobsite and in the office.
Shannon & Wilson, Inc., Seattle, WA, Marketing Coordinator
Coordinated marketing proposal efforts for the home office of a nationwide engineering firm.
• Active, innovative member of a marketing team shortlisted over 200 times, and winning recipient of over 150 jobs/contracts in a 3-year time span, resulting in millions of dollars of gross revenue.
• Consistently relied upon as a creative writer and effective editor, and responsible for editing and contributing to over 400 proposals, SOQs, brochures and other marketing material packages to establish and sell the Shannon & Wilson brand.
• As Lead Coordinator, efficiently managed and organized winning prime proposal teams of both internal staff and clients; proposal efforts included federal and government work, specifically the SF330 form.
• Prepared weekly reports highlighting upcoming work for established markets nationwide, and spearheaded research and report generation for new clients and market sectors.
• Communicated effectively and efficiently with all levels of management, as well as established clients, prospective clients and vendors. Regularly assisted Senior Vice President with client correspondence. Recognized by management for consistently excellent customer service skills.
• Assisted in the organization of presentations, shortlist interviews and company events; also responsible for designing advertisements, proposal covers and marketing collateral.
• Administrative responsibilities included updating project descriptions, resumes, boilerplate information and project experience lists, as well as database maintenance.
CSMI/Lawless Construction, Seattle, WA, Executive Assistant
Responsible for the daily administrative tasks of the office.
• Single-handedly responsible for organizing and maintaining over 100 current and 200 closed construction defect and personal injury case files.
• Juggled multiple administrative roles, from dealing with customers and prospective clients to composing daily project reports, resolving technological issues to researching legal statutes.
• Spearheaded online research for deposition preparation, and composed and typed correspondence with clients and law firms.
Deluxe Film Services, Van Nuys, CA, US, Film Booking Coordinator
Responsible for overseeing and maintaining distribution of new and recent film print releases for Paramount Pictures in nationwide theater chains.
• Single-handedly responsible for coordinating 30-60 film circuits per week, consistently 10-20 more per week than any other studio representative.
• Proven track record of effectively dealing simultaneously with studio representatives, couriers and delivery services, theater owners and other Deluxe film representatives.
• Efficient use of resources consistently saved time and money for the film studio, and generated satisfaction with couriers, theater owners and theater customers.
Chapman University, Orange, CA, Masters, Film Studies
University of Washington, Seattle, WA, Bachelors, Comparative Literature