I have Founded and grown a successful design business.
• Handle entire design process from initial consultation and needs assessment through plan development and execution.
• Managed wide range of projects from simple redecorating home interiors, to overhauling kitchens, bathrooms and floor plans.
• Creative at selecting wall finishes, case goods, furniture, architectural elements, and accessories.
• Skilled at collaborating with architects and contractors during construction process.
• Known for designs that are highly functional, yet inspirational and aesthetically pleasing.
Janet Rubel Interiors, Westport, CT, US, Owner/Principal
Fairfield University, Fairfeild, CT. , Residential Interior Design Program
This program provides a hands-on design experience, plus training that enables students to translate abstract concepts into three-dimensional reality. Students develop the type of portfolio and presentation style that is the mark of a professional. The professional certificate, when taken for credit, satisfies the minimal educational eligibility requirements for NCIDQ certification (four years of full-time work experience is also required) as well as the ASID Allied Membership category.
Required: Drawing & Presentation
History of Furniture I
Elective: History of Architecture & Interiors
Required: Interior Design I
Lighting for Interiors
History of Furniture II
Elective: Sustainable Design
Required: Interior Design II
Elective: Kitchen and Bath Design
Required: Interior Design III
Elective: Basic CADD
Electives: Interior Design IV
Parsons The New School for Design, New York, NY, US, Associate Degree in Applied Science in Fashion Design
Hunter College, CUNY, New York, NY, US, Bachelors, Bachelor of Arts