INNOVATIVE STORE DESIGN PROJECT MANAGER
Recognized for consistently achieving targeted results and improving performance through exceptional follow through and creative problem solving.
Comprehensive background in all facets of project life cycle from design, bidding, budgeting and implementation. A team player, known as energetic, passionate with exceptional organizational skills. Areas of expertise:
BURBERRY LIMITED, New York, NY, US, Manager, Architectural Planning – Wholesale
Completed special projects for Director of Store Planning. Managed design, construction, and budgets; created a manual for stores for ongoing repairs, and coordinated weekly summaries of results and alignment of priorities.
• Managed construction schedules, contractors, subcontractors, ensuring on-time scheduled openings.
• Generated architectural and millwork punchlists and oversaw completion, establishing quality of work.
• Coordinated bi-weekly meetings with merchants, wholesale partners, and vendors, generating latest project briefs.
• Optimized resources by effectively managing new vendor qualifications for signage and millwork.
• Tracked, logged, and reviewed control sets during vendor qualifications.
• Managed and maintained control sample library.
• Managed Opex (Repairs) and Capex (improvements) in shops.
• Managed and reviewed contracts, proposals, invoices, tracking payments, created Po’s in SAP, and chargebacks for all shops.
• Managed materials / bulk fixture ordering.
• Expesite leader for projects (updating / organizing / adding users for a file sharing system).
• Created and updated construction minutes and (GPR) global project report (project summary recaps).
• Managed the department intern in our seasonal programs.
VF SPORTSWEAR-KIPLING, New York, NY, US, Handbag Designer (Freelance)
Worked with the Design Director in all aspects of the design process.
• Produced Flat sketches, technical sketches, and spec packages with construction details.
• Designed mood boards, seasonal color flow charts and doll sheets; logo, graphic and trim development.
• Daily communicated with internal and external partners.
• Organized the material / design libraries and filing systems.
STYLEMARK – Riviera and Lantis Division, New York, NY, US, Product Development Manager
Sourced, designed, and developed ladies and junior eyewear for multiple department store and specialty store markets, private label and licensing.
• Merchandised the lines for assortment balance in terms of shape, composition, and color.
• Traveled abroad (Europe and Asia) for development.
• Communicated daily with overseas factories for all development and execution details.
• Negotiated pricing with overseas factories.
• Created and maintained linesheets.
• Requested and tracked samples; logged information of all styles into custom program.
GLOBAL SALES LTD, New York, NY, US, Associate Designer, Handbags
Sourced, designed, and developed handbags and accessories for the cosmetic and fragrance industry.
• Worked with pvc, leather, and fabric. Issued all styles with specs and swatches to factories.
• Negotiated pricing with factories, daily communication with Asia for all development and execution details.
• Worked with prominent clients including: Guess, Paris Hilton, JLo, Coolwater and Nautica.
• Worked daily with the internal partners and assisted with trend presentations.
• Designed custom components such as hardware and lining.
• Shopped the market and attended trade shows
• Updated / organized material and sample library; managed interns
New York University (NYU), New York, NY, US, Construction Project Management Certificate
NYU Construction Safety Management OSHA Certificate, 2012
Fashion Institute of Technology, State University of New York, New York, NY, US, Accessories Design
Associates Degree for continued studies
Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA, US, Bachelors, Apparel and Textile Design