As a progressive and accomplished architect, I am able to produce strong, responsive design solutions, and communicate my ideas through a vast array of media. I was trained at a highly prestigious design college (SCAD), know for Its ambitious and Challenging architecture program focused densely on the process of design. SCAD's Architecture program also stressed the absolute imperative of sustainability. These axioms determine the planet’s future, but can also dictate the productivity and serenity of our end users and clients.
I am a LEED Accredited Professional, with experience in the building certification process. More over, I carry five years of professional experience in honing my skillset at large, veritable, fast-paced Architecture & Engineering firms. Through these offices, I was endowed the opportunity to work on a wide breadth of projects ranging from healthcare and educational, to government military installations and hospitality.
I am well versed in zooning and / or municipal codes, intense plan check experience from DSA, LAUSD, including a myriad of projects submitted though LADBS and OSHPD Type 1-3, LA offices. Recent projects have expanded my experience and was able to address landscaping deficiencies , parking requirements', including those within the scope of ADA. I maintain a NCARB Council Record, and have completed approximately 90% of the Training Units as outlined by the Intern Development Program. I am a vigilant and skilled designer, passionate about the endeavor for innovation, integrity, and celebration in all that concerns the design of our built environment.
Studio Plus Architecture, Irvine, CA, US, Project Coordinator
• As a project Coordinator for Studio Plus, I was responsible for a number of mid-sized to large projects simultaneously, mostly in the healthcare, K-12, and collegiate disciplines.
• My career roles included production of working construction documents, using primarily Revit Architecture 2015, solely producing a complete set with minimal on no drafting support.
• Responsible for Construction Administration, I handled RFI’s, Submittals, logs, and puch walk inspections. Another significant part of my responsibility included agengy reviews and plan check submittals to DSA, OSHPD, LADBS, and LA County Public Works.
• Additionally I was responsible for coordinating of projects with all consulting disciplines, including but not limited to Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and Structural.
Hypergraphia Studios, Newport Beach, CA, US, Architectural Freelance Design Contractor
As a Freelance Architect, Graphic Designer, and Independent Consultant, I've been working mostly within contract or freelance positions firms in California mostly on an Independent Consultant basis.
I have done a lot of varied work for this collective including architectural design, and production drafting for a number of offices throughout Orange County.
• SLA Architects (Santa Ana, CA): Production drafting and equipment planning of restaurant kitchen spaces. Coordinating and consulting with kitchen equip-planning specialists, and producing the electrical drawing for several projects.
• KAL Architects (Irvine, CA): Sub-managing projects, mostly for the VA, ranging from recycling centers to Healthcare projects. Handling submittals, coordinating designs with civil, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC engineering disciplines.
• Du Mont Engineering, Inc. (Rancho Santa Margarita, CA): Production drafting, codes, Title 24, and zoning research, including submittals and plan checks for high-end residential. Job role also included materials, product, and spec. research.
Three I Engineering, Inc, Evansville, IN, US, Architect I
• As Architect I, I helped bring to completion several major renovations for Deaconess & St. Mary’s Hospitals, including a six-bed expansion of a Sleep Center Lab, and their Volunteer Services / Human Resources Dept.
• I coordinated all design solutions with all engineering disciplines, established the design parameters, and generated and red-lined most if not all Construction documents for these projects.
• I created and presented a renovation Proposal & digital 3D model for St. Mary’s Hospital Accounting Dept. in response to an RFP, and headed the project, through completion of construction documents, out for bid.
HSMM/AECOM, Virginia Beach, Intern Architect
As an Intern Architect, I conducted a 3D site study and presented it to the Virginia State Historic Preservation Office. I was able to get their site res- trictions lifted, site through many site studies, keeping the project alive.
One particularly progressive and exciting project was s the design of a LEED Certified Tactical Enforcement Maintenance Facility for the U.S. Army at Ft. Bragg,. We achieved a LEED Silver Certification for our project.
Savannah College of Art and Design, Savannah, GA, US, BArch, Architecture, Graphic Design minor
At SCAD, architecture students learn in a stimulating environment that emphasizes the importance of interdisciplinary knowledge, collaboration and progressive thinking. The SCAD architecture program offers students a unique art and design context in which to study. Students learn traditional architecture concepts with access to the distinct perspectives of SCAD's other art and design degree programs. Architecture studies at SCAD engage students in multi-disciplinary learning and celebrate the increasingly global culture of design.
SCAD Artistic Honors Award, Scholarship
A limited number of Artistic Honors Scholarships may be awarded to accepted graduate students who meet or exceed normal SCAD admission standards and who demonstrate artistic achievement through portfolio, audition or writing submission. This is a portfolio-based scholarship award.