Information technology leader with demonstrated experience in conception, planning and execution of leading-edge solutions that address business opportunities. Developed and implemented strategic and transformational technology plans for professional service environments. Initiated and enforced strict budget controls addressing organizational need and promotion of growth. Adept at crisis management, trouble-shooting, and negotiating. Experienced in technology and process integration, capacity planning, project and resource management. Advanced positive technology image through presentation, collaboration and communication. Enhanced marketability and project deliverables by enabling the capabilities of professional teams. A balance of leadership, strategy, vision, and technical depth.
OZ Architecture, Boulder, Denver Colorado, Director of Information Technology
OZ Architecture is nationally ranked architecture, master planning and interior design firm most notable for their resort and mixed-use projects. OZ experienced 400% growth during the years 2003 – 2008, expanding to include six offices and 250+ professional staff across the western United States.
Director of Information Technology, Associate Principal
• Member of senior management and technology team leader responsible for delivering value and service across a highly matrixed organizational structure.
• Managing a team of six and reporting to the Board.
• Provided vision and led technical operations and services while identifying opportunities and risks.
• Adopted hardware virtualization, service-oriented architecture, autonomic, and utility computing.
• Led transformational migration from traditional computer aided design to Building Information Modeling environment. Successfully integrated BIM across teams and disciplines.
• Facilitated cross-functional teams; steering technology efforts that expanded market share and increased team productivity.
Manager of IT, Senior Associate
• Managed vendors and negotiated technology contracts, agreements and licensing.
• Ownership of day-to-day operations, desktop and network services, multi-site and remote.
• Managed technology staff including scheduling, hiring, professional development and performance reviews.
• Performed staff on-boarding, application curriculum and training.
• Ensured alignment of business priorities and technology project plans.
• Coordinated and managed long and short-term technologies projects.
• Developed and administered technology plans and budgets.
• Served as department liaison, translating needs into solutions.
• Implemented and managed design and production standards.
Senior Systems Administrator, Associate
• Designed and administered Microsoft AD DS.
• Deployed and patched Microsoft Office, Adobe and Autodesk products.
• Maintained 99.99% uptime in a 24/7/365 multi-site production environment.
• Managed distributed file services and site replication, Microsoft DFS/r.
• Implemented and administered Microsoft Server, File & Print, Exchange, SharePoint, SQL Server.
• Supported helpdesk tier 1, 2 and 3 for hardware, software and services; Dell, HP, Cisco, Xerox, Win7, Microsoft Office, SharePoint, VDI, Adobe, Deltek and Autodesk products.
The Stubbins Associates, Cambridge, MA, US, CADD Manager / Systems Administrator
• Ownership of day-to-day operations, desktop and network services.
• Managed a team of two and reported to the Director of IT.
• Implemented and administered Microsoft Server, AD, File & Print, Exchange.
CAROL GROH AND ASSOCIATES, NYC, CAD Manager
Pratt Institute, Brooklyn, NY, US, School of Architecture
Current: MCSE Private Cloud expected 6/14
Current: VCP-Cloud expected 6/14
New Horizons, VMware install & config
New Horizons, MS Exchange install & config
New Horizons, Microsoft SharePoint
New Horizons, Team Building Track
Lucent, DV Systems Administration corporate training
3Com Corporation, NetAdmin Training Program
ComPaq Corporation, SysAdmin Training Program
Pratt Institute, School of Architecture
National Academy of Design, classical architecture
San Jacinto College, Business Management