See some of my work here: http://issuu.com/garvinabrown/docs/
I am a passionate design professional who cares a great deal about doing a great job. I love the details of this profession, and I try to learn something new everyday. I do not know it all, but I do know how to find it, and if I cannot find the answer I know how to ask the question. I am half way through obtaining my Architecture license, and I am looking to work with an Architect / firm who has a great sensibility of design, with a tremendous know-how of construction and building systems.
TPG ARCHITECTURE LLP, New York, NY, US, Project Architect - Consultant
Project Consultant for Starbucks Coffee and REVIT. Job responsibilities include design development through construction documents of new stores and renovations.
ERM Architecture, LLC, New York, Project Architect
Freelance Project Manager for a 51 unit HUD funded Assisted Senior Citizens residence in River Vale NJ, and a 20 story 49 unit luxury condominium in Brooklyn, NY.
Responsibilities include overseeing the work of draftsmen, coordinating engineering drawings, construction documents, bid documents, specifications, client and consultant interaction, material research.
AA Architecture, PLLC, Long Island City, NY, US, Project Architect
Freelance Architect on projects ranging from high end residential to hospitality. Project highlights included Lil Caesar's Pizza (Bronx, NY), Nostrand Avenue Tenament Re-design (Brooklyn, NY), Elton John's Oscar Viewing Party (Los Angeles, California)
I worked independently on most projects from schematic design through construction documents. I also landed individual commissions to add to the firms portfolio. I continue to provide support in a freelance capacity on all projects.
Moss & Sayad Architects, Brooklyn, NY, Project Architect
1. Managed the design and construction documentation of both small and large scale residential developments, towns, malls and large scale mixed use properties. Duties included site design, building layout, zoning analysis, detail production, structural design and project coordination.
2. Worked on both single & multi-family dwellings as well as commercial projects related to the entertainment & medical practice.
3. Ran IT department. Maintained entire network of 25 computers on Microsoft Server 2003.
4. Developed CAD libraries and standards, including blocks, libraries, databases and job reference numbers and filing.
5, Successfully integrated a small email server and Instant Messaging (using Google and Acrobat Reader Pro) as a viable communication tool in project management and completion amongst staff.
New York Design Architects, LLP, Brooklyn, NY, US, Project Architect
1.Oversaw 2 draftsmen who aided me in preparation of various high end commercial projects, including Starbucks, Sprint PCS, McDonalds and various clothing store showrooms.
2. Coordinated the design of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems.
3. Oversaw bidding process. Helped clients secure bids from contractors and pick best contractor with best bid.
Pratt Institute, Brooklyn, NY, US, BArch, Architecture
Brooklyn Tech, Brooklyn, NY, US, High School, Architecture
Regents High School Diploma with Honors. Focus in Architectural Design and Technology.