Archinect
anchor

INTERN IN TORONTO?

charlize

Hi all
I was wondering if anyone hows how I could get to work as an intern in Toronto. I'm working on a Bach Arch/Urban in Brazil, forth year student, looking for a paid position during a couple months the following winter. Interested in bunch of different things, any creative design field would please me. =o)
Any tips?

Oct 10, 04 5:26 pm
lola

kohn/schnier
KPMB
shim/sutcliffe
third uncle design

Oct 11, 04 10:02 am  · 
 · 
stall-it

check out this link for updated job postings in the Toronto area. It is updated every friday afternoon.

http://www.oaa.on.ca/client/oaa/OAAHome.nsf/web/Employment+Opportunities!OpenDocument

Or you can simply apply to offices. Sometimes the bigger the office, the eaiser it is to get a job.

Diamond Schmidt
Architects Alliance
Adamson Associates

Oct 11, 04 12:22 pm  · 
 · 
charlize

Thanks a lot guys
I had already checked pretty much all of those firms websites, great suggestions, definitely places that turn me on! I'm afraid that emailing my resume, it will end up "piled up", and never get a response..... What do you think?

Oct 11, 04 6:45 pm  · 
 · 
charlize

this is just to make my topic go back to the top of list....

any straight forward approach???

ANYONE HELP!

Oct 12, 04 10:57 pm  · 
 · 
gasp

why is Toronto so important to you as a destination?

Oct 12, 04 11:38 pm  · 
 · 
charlize

personal reasons.... ;o)

Oct 13, 04 1:20 pm  · 
 · 
stall-it

In order to get a job in Toronto, it's pretty much the same as evey other city. You either get a job because you know someone in the architectural field, or because you work your ass off applying to various offices, phone calling and making contacts.

If this is an intern position during your school studies, you might want to contact the Univeristy of Toronto, or Ryerson University. These universities both have schools of architecture. The professors, or other resources from the university might help you. You can also ask to speak to a student representative of the school of architecture to help you.

Visit the OAA website posted above. Most job postings ask for e-mails only. At the same time, start sending your resume with a good cover letter by mail explaining your situation and goals and so on. I find that about half the offices you send to will reply by e-mail saying either yes or no.

Have fun

Oct 13, 04 9:30 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: