mmmm, lucky dog
mmmm, pimm's cup
mmmm, cafe au lait
mmmm, central grocery muffaletta
mmmm, red beans

[had a barq's with lunch. missing new orleans today.]

Jul 6, 07 1:56 pm
Sarah Hamilton

OH Steven, you just made me feel sick. I am jealous of your tastebuds, nothing sounds good to me.

Jul 6, 07 1:58 pm  · 
 · 

ooooooooh, sorry, sarah!

Jul 6, 07 2:02 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

The worst part is...

I'm STARVING!

Jul 6, 07 2:03 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

don't forget the beignets from cafe du monde!

Jul 6, 07 2:05 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

I am not sure what blackened voodoo is, but I want some.

Jul 6, 07 2:06 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

it's beer, no?

Jul 6, 07 2:06 pm  · 
 · 

mmmm, beignets.

after the only greek event i ever attended, a formal thing-y of some kind, we went to the cafe du monde to hang out. i started a powdered sugar fight. (really, how could you not: formals > powdered sugar = ?)

i realized a couple minutes too late that this was not an appropriate thing to do.

: )

Jul 6, 07 2:09 pm  · 
 · 

beer, yes. mmmm, beer.

Jul 6, 07 2:09 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

we had rootbeer floats here at the office on tuesdays but i didn't have any cuz you don't lose weight by eatin root beer floats. i have this memory of when i was a kid, for the first six years of my life we lived in the sticks. there was a gathering of houses along a two lane state road and a little dead end dirt road off that where our house was. up the state road less than a quarter of a mile was a service station ala goober pyle and a root beer stand. i loved going there. at the service station there was a big iced cooler full of soda and a store to buy candy etc. it's all been torn down for thirty years but there are still hints of their existence there. maybe i'll take a drive up there this weekend.

Jul 6, 07 2:10 pm  · 
 · 
|l

ooooh rootbeer floats mised with coffee and bits of chocolate oooooooooooooooohhh mm.

Jul 6, 07 2:11 pm  · 
 · 

[now that sarah's gone home.]

mmmm, tamales from the corner of st charles and napoleon.

Jul 6, 07 4:37 pm  · 
 · 
phuyaké

add on:

fried okra from anywhere
omelets at 6pm from Camellia grill
burritos and ice coffee from Flora's in the Marigny
crawfish in bulk from the westbank
the bartender's special burger from cooter browns (double patty + bacon + pastrami)
jazz lunch + wine tasting at Bacchanal in the 9th ward
the panned rabbit at jaquimos
$1.25 40oz's and $1 bottles of night train + 30 cent powdered donuts for a weekend breakfast at my old corner store

Jul 6, 07 6:32 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

I knew I wanted some voodoo. Gut feeling.

I LOVE fried okra.

Jul 6, 07 6:34 pm  · 
 · 
phuyaké

...and i almost forgot french-fry po boy's with gravy, i might miss those the most

Jul 6, 07 6:37 pm  · 
 · 
grid

i want some water

Jul 6, 07 6:54 pm  · 
 · 

mmmmm. all good ones phuyaka, though i haven't had jaquimo's or bacchanal. you must be missing some more recent things...

crawfish in bulk, live in the net bag, ready for bilin': definitely.

Jul 7, 07 8:00 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

did all these places survive katrina?

Jul 7, 07 9:18 am  · 
 · 
n_

mmmm, zapp's jalapenos
mmmm, crawfish boils
mmmm, bloody mary's at 9am

Jul 7, 07 9:27 am  · 
 · 
tidalwave1

camellia grill reopened on April 20, 2007.
cooter brown's is open.
i don't know about the rest...
i drove through NOLA about 6 weeks ago.

the remodeled UC looked good too...

Jul 17, 07 9:43 pm  · 
 · 
Travis Woodward

zapp's potato chips rock!

Jul 17, 07 10:15 pm  · 
 · 

camellia grill reopened?! woohoo!

pecan pie, on the grill, a la mode. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!

Jul 17, 07 10:21 pm  · 
 · 
phuyaké

All of those establishments, sans the west bank crawfish warehouse (didn't check that out when I was down there last) are still around. Camellia Grill re-opened the first weekend of this last jazz fest when I was there last, with lines down the block of course.

Anyone who has a chance to go back/visit i HIGHLY recommend going to Bacchanal, which is in the upper 9th ward (so it wasn't flooded). Amazing little wine place with a lot of character that has chefs from around the city make guest appearances on Sundays and serve light diners with live jazz bands... and amazing way to spend an afternoon.

Jul 18, 07 12:31 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: