Archinect
anchor

Who wants to kill the NCARB website??

zizi

I do, I do!!

I've been trying to upload some hours to the damn E-EVR, or whatever it's called, and the stupid website keeps timing out on me before I'm actually able to imput the numbers. WFT????

Jun 30, 10 3:18 pm
Cherith Cutestory

I don't mean to be an ass but it is the 11th hour for IDP logging.

Jun 30, 10 3:31 pm  · 
 · 
Thom Yorke

1 July 2010 – The Six-Month Rule goes into effect at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time for all interns on this date.

Please note: NCARB anticipates heavy volumes of experience submissions and related requests for Record evaluation throughout the coming months. If you are documenting the completion of IDP between now and 1 July 2010, this increase will most likely translate into extended service processing times. Please submit your experience through the e-EVR system at your earliest opportunity to avoid extended processing delays.

Jun 30, 10 3:31 pm  · 
 · 
idiza

Still doesn't mean the server should overload and crash. 12:01 is 12:01, not 4PM the afternoon before.

Just saying.

Jun 30, 10 5:12 pm  · 
 · 
Thom Yorke

your logic is flawless.

Jun 30, 10 5:16 pm  · 
 · 
idiza

Why thank you.

Jun 30, 10 5:22 pm  · 
 · 
zizi

Yea, I understand that it's the last minute. I'm submitting hours that are years old - how's that for last minute. I'm happy to wait longer for 'processing times' or whatever that means, but the website simply doesn't work right now. Delays: OK. Not working: NOT OK.

Jun 30, 10 5:59 pm  · 
 · 
zizi

This just in from the NCARB website:
#

URGENT ALERT

Due to system performance under severe volume pressure the reporting deadline for the Six-Month Rule has been extended to Friday, July 2, 2010 at 6:00 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time.

The e-EVR is operating at full capacity. Please be patient as you may encounter lengthy response times. It is strongly recommended that you continue to be diligent in your efforts to access the e-EVR during off-business hours.

Attention Supervisors !

The Six-Month Rule requires that an experience report must be "submitted," "pending," or "approved" by the deadline. Hours that are simply "saved" are not protected. You must click “submit” at the bottom of the e-EVR to protect your report.

Your supervisor does not need to approve your experience report by the deadline. Only the intern is subject to the Six-Month Rule when submitting a report into the e-EVR.

Jun 30, 10 6:20 pm  · 
 · 
mespellrong

are you telling me that the architect people can't afford an information architect?

Jun 30, 10 10:37 pm  · 
 · 
LML

need advice:

I have a very small amount of hours recorded (on my own, I'm not enrolled for IDP yet)--I was going to let it slide w/ the rule change, and just lose them. But now I see the extension till friday-- what kind of time will it take me to get signed up, submit, etc etc--I know I should research this shit myself, but, well...
thanks

Jun 30, 10 11:54 pm  · 
 · 
gillespie

LML-

if you have not yet signed up for the IDP, it's a bit of a moot point. all interns who start their file after 01 July 2009 are automatically covered by the six-month rule. so, if you have not yet established your record, you don't need to rush to completion by friday - unless some of the hours you wish to log were just over six months ago.

as for how long it takes to establish a record, i'm not sure. i established mine in the halcyon, analog days of the early 21st century, before we had the e-evr cluster---- of the past week.

Jul 1, 10 10:56 am  · 
 · 
Thom Yorke

It takes a good month to establish a record considering school transcripts, employment verification forms, snail mail, filing, blah blah blah.

Jul 1, 10 11:00 am  · 
 · 
LML

thanks, but confused: those hours are from 2 or 3 years ago--I guess I don't understand the new rule; I was under the impression that I would lose them if I did not enroll/submit/etc. by the 7/1 deadline.

Jul 1, 10 10:51 pm  · 
 · 
Cherith Cutestory

^ Only people who had established an NCARB record PRIOR to July 1 2009 are currently effected by the 6 month rule. All new applications, i.e. yourself, start out with the 6 month rule. As of July 1 2010 ALL MEMBERS will have to log hours using the 6 month rule, which is all explained on the NCARB site.

So your hours are worthless at this point. You would have had to established a record last year in order for them to count.

I would start your record anyway and be diligent about tracking your hours, although you might want to wait a few weeks until the site activity settles down a little.

Jul 1, 10 11:14 pm  · 
 · 
LML

thanks, will have a look after the rush

Jul 1, 10 11:38 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: