Archinect
anchor

Archiholics Anonymous. What you sippin' on?

LOOP!

We're approaching another Friday night, riding out Great Depression II. What's everyone drinking these days?

Sitting on the curb, drinking the Steel Reserve? Sipping Bourbon at a contrived Speakeasy? Ordering ultra-manly bahama moma's at the divest bar in your city?

I realize there's an old thread on this, but it seems like we're living in a time that calls for a new thread. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Pick your poison and tell us what it is.

Jun 11, 10 4:18 pm
DisplacedArchitect

V8

Jun 11, 10 4:22 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe

i have an hour and 15 minutes left to get a set of restaurant t.i. drawings plotted and submitted for plan check.

whatever i drink tonight seems irrelevant; it's the quantity that i'm expecting to focus on...

Jun 11, 10 5:27 pm  · 
 · 
whyARCH?

Gin n juice

Jun 11, 10 6:45 pm  · 
 · 

Beer tonight, because it's hot out. IPA. Probably a bourbon with a movie later.

Lately my favorite part of every day is that first sip - it means I've put in a solid day of work.

Jun 11, 10 8:33 pm  · 
 · 

first sip of the second one was pretty good, too.

for me: dark star porter from the bluegrass brewing company.

Jun 11, 10 8:37 pm  · 
 · 
LOOP!

I'm on my way to my first sip. Not as late here on the west coast. I'm thinking I'm going to go w/ the Negroni, it's been a tough week for me, as well. Time for some medicine.

A dark porter is sounding pretty good though, maybe if I can find a comfy chair a the bar, that will be more appropriate. The beer selection in most bars in LA though is pretty abysmal.

DA, you are crazy man drinking that V8 juice. Don't drive home.

Jun 11, 10 11:05 pm  · 
 · 
byen01

A saison and some elevations, is all.

Jun 12, 10 2:00 am  · 
 · 

why do you want to know what I'm drinking.

Jun 12, 10 2:02 am  · 
 · 
Larchinect

Believe it or not, I dont drink.

What color are your LSD tabs?

Jun 12, 10 3:22 am  · 
 · 
LOOP!

techno, I asked a serious question. This is hardly the time, nor the place to promote your music videos. Plus, we had to watch the whole thing just to learn you've got the henny mixed with cranberry.

Jun 12, 10 5:16 am  · 
 · 
Distant Unicorn

hahahah!

@loop, i didnt know there was other campari fans in the house!

my friends think i'm absolutely disgusting now for this little drink I invented.

I call it a Tommaso Collins-- 1 part campari, 1 part whiskey, 1 part gin, 3 parts tonic... over ice with a splash of sour mix.

Jun 12, 10 6:30 am  · 
 · 
Allahtect

joose is da bomb!

Jun 12, 10 6:29 pm  · 
 · 

sorry intheloop I was drinking scotch, then beer last night. But I'm moving to wine tonight... better for the heart they say

Jun 12, 10 8:06 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

micro brews (New Belgium Ranger IPA)
those newer, better boxed wines (Big House Red)

Jun 12, 10 8:31 pm  · 
 · 
LOOP!

It's ok techno, I was just upset because my roommate walked in and caught me listening to the song.

Orochicorn, that sounds like one knarly drink. I'll save that one for a drink with the iron workers.

Jun 13, 10 12:32 am  · 
 · 
Purpurina

Oj with vodka :)

Jun 13, 10 1:56 am  · 
 · 
rethinkit

Trieste espresso

Jun 13, 10 4:48 pm  · 
 · 
FrankLloydMike

Friday, in celebration of the opening of Boston Beer Week, I had a handful of excellent brews at the Cambridge Brewing Company. Of course, locally brewed craft beer needs now occasion to warrant ingestion, so I'd probably have ended up there anyway.

I've also enjoyed Big House Red, though I found it in a bottle at a New Hampshire State Liquor Store, where the means of inebriation belong to the people. I was attracted to the design of the bottle, the screw-top cap, and the unpretentious refusal to expand on the classification of red wine.

Jun 14, 10 4:43 pm  · 
 · 
jcr

2 Buck Chuck from Trader Joe's is all I can afford. I used to get it in San Francisco for $1.99 but here in Santa Fe it costs $2.99.

Jun 14, 10 5:26 pm  · 
 · 
Cherith Cutestory

tap water

Jun 14, 10 5:31 pm  · 
 · 
whyARCH?

I only drink pellegrino

Jun 14, 10 5:33 pm  · 
 · 
LOOP!

whyarch, that's not what you said last week!

Jun 14, 10 5:37 pm  · 
 · 
DisplacedArchitect

V8, and Mango Juice sometimes

Jun 14, 10 5:43 pm  · 
 · 
prairie school drop out

mint juleps with mint from the garden (when i get home). actually, probably just one. also, two brothers ipa at last night's (rainy) bbq. missing some philly brews!

Jun 14, 10 5:52 pm  · 
 · 
whyARCH?

well I meant water-wise, tap water is disgusting in my book. tonights alcoholic becerage choice is a four loko.

Jun 14, 10 6:00 pm  · 
 · 
Distant Unicorn

four loko cranberry lemonade is aiiigghhhhttt.

Jun 14, 10 6:11 pm  · 
 · 
LOOP!

heading up to Seattle for the week. Very excited to get some Mac & Jacks.

Jun 15, 10 12:45 am  · 
1  · 
caramelhighrise

Oh man I've never heard that mentioned outside Seattle. I always try to get that when I go there. Making me jealous over here, I might need to make you an offer you c
an't refuse so you can ship me some

Feb 9, 21 11:17 pm  · 
 · 
FrankLloydMike

why settle for 2 Buck Chuck when you could get your hands on some Mad Dog!?

Jun 15, 10 1:41 pm  · 
 · 
whyARCH?

oho yeah intotheloop...I live in Seattle....the Mac n Jacks is here waiting for you. Had a few myself last week.

Jun 15, 10 2:35 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

I'm not drinking but someone mentioned peach margarita in another forum and I want a pitcher...

Jun 16, 10 12:21 am  · 
 · 
headyshreddy

robitussin

Jun 19, 10 2:04 pm  · 
 · 
toasteroven

FLM - do you subscribe to beer advocate?

Jun 19, 10 6:21 pm  · 
 · 
Paradox

Diet Snapple..with vodka.

Jun 20, 10 3:41 pm  · 
 · 
whyARCH?

that's illegal in 8 states.

Jun 20, 10 4:27 pm  · 
 · 
LOOP!

robitussin... with vodka.

Jun 21, 10 12:21 pm  · 
 · 
FrankLloydMike

you bet I subscribe to BeerAdvocate! Et tu, Toaster?

Jun 21, 10 4:24 pm  · 
 · 
headyshreddy

uncle raymond's peach moonshine

Jun 22, 10 11:40 pm  · 
 · 
bye bye bayou

Irish car bombs and any beer brewed by Rogue or St Arnald's.

Jun 27, 10 1:50 pm  · 
 · 
MysteryMan

Enjoyed mah Sunday morning "Bloody Maristella X",
essetially a Bloody Mary, but substitute Tequila for the Vodka. Add in a a few secret ingredients such as tortilla chips & fresh cilantro.

Jun 27, 10 1:57 pm  · 
 · 
LOOP!

Went with Booker's last night. Burns when it goes down, but it's a good burn.

Jun 27, 10 3:22 pm  · 
 · 
andmylegsarelong

Jameson 12 year reserve.

Jun 27, 10 7:19 pm  · 
 · 
Sounder

G&T

Yum...

Jun 27, 10 7:36 pm  · 
1  · 

local beer again tonight! - Boom Brew, made for Tony Boombozz Taproom by Bluegrass Brewing Co.

Jun 27, 10 8:14 pm  · 
 · 
whyARCH?

jose cuervo...a lime.... and one puke bucket. hey atleast its better than hornitos

Jun 28, 10 4:19 am  · 
 · 
headyshreddy

amen ward. bbc is the tits

Jun 28, 10 7:11 pm  · 
 · 
headyshreddy

amen ward. bbc is the tits

Jun 28, 10 7:11 pm  · 
 · 

hey! are you another kentuckian, rflener? or can the not-from-here's get bbc now?

Jun 29, 10 7:00 am  · 
 · 

I had BBC ten minutes ago! A porter.

It's been mostly bourbon the last ten days, as I'm in Kentucky. But I see Ommegang now has a chococlate brew, which I'll probably wait until winter to try.

Jun 29, 10 11:01 pm  · 
 · 
DisplacedArchitect

i just had coffee with caffeine in it first time in half a year.

Jun 30, 10 2:12 am  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

My father-in-law is an amateur vintner. Opened a bottle of one of his wines last night and had a few glasses of it. I have even had bottles from this same batch and this has never happened to me before, but I had a major allergy attack from it! My face swelled up and my nasal passages swelled completely shut. I couldn't breathe and was about to go to the emergency room, but I popped a benadryl and just concentrated on breathing until I felt better. My face is still swollen this morning, damn.

Jun 30, 10 10:23 am  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: