Archinect
anchor

Wash U in St Louis (M.Arch + MBA) vs UT Austin (M.Arch)

pgiordan

Hey everyone,

Like many others I am trying to decide where I will attend graduate school in the fall. I've narrowed my decision between Washington University in St Louis and UT Austin. I am looking for insight from professionals whether or not a dual degree (specifically an MBA) is a valuable tool to have in the workplace. Obviously tuition is higher at WUSTL, and an MBA would add at least an additional year to my graduate education. Many of the students I have spoken with say that adding an MBA (or any additional degree) was one of the best decisions they have made. Do larger firms ever financially support their employees to return for such a degree at later times in their career?  Any insight or professional advice is greatly appreciated..

Apr 8, 14 4:35 pm
Spackle

I'm doing an MRED + MArch and think the MBA is probably better in the long run...

Cost aside, your time will go by so fast and you will enjoy almost every minute of it...

First - definitely do a dual degree...

Second - MBA over an MRED (not that you are considering it) has a lot more applications, such as marketing, organizational leadership...more classes to increase your breadth. I got a full ride so I took the money and did the mred. I am happy with the decision I made but not sure if I would make it again. 

Apr 8, 14 6:09 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: