Archinect
anchor

Christopher Hawthorne: a question...

aldorossi

This is a bit of dunder-headed trivia dwarfed by the hideous economy, but I have to know.

There was a great movie released in 1989, "Parents", which was directed by Bob Balaban of "Mighty Wind", "Waiting for Guffman" etc. ensemble fame. The story involves suburban canibals in the '50s and, well, you should just try to get a copy and see it if you haven't yet. Stars Randy Quaid and Mary Beth Hurt.

The interesting bit is that it was written by, you guessed it, Christopher Hawthorne.

Now, it may be a bit of L.A. coincidence, but, when you go to the IMDB site for "Parents", the "News" section links to Hawthorne penned Architecture articles.

The question is, is Christopher Hawthore slumming as an Architecture critic while living a lavish Hollywood scribe's lifestyle, or is there a Hawthorne writer's doppleganger confusing the easily distracted like me?

If you have any info, please give...

Or, if you think this is a bit of useless trivia and a waste of your rarified Ark-i-ma-tec-chural thinkin' time, I invite any and all derisive comments. Maybe I do have too much time on my hands.

I will now return to my 3rd Vodka Tonic.

Mar 24, 10 10:45 pm
Janosh

I wish I had something to offer, because this is now my favorite thread on Archinect.

Mar 24, 10 11:52 pm  · 
 · 

Unfortunately, I doubt it's the same Christopher Hawthorne. I LOVE Parents. One of the most underrated movies IMHO.

Mar 25, 10 12:48 am  · 
 · 

That movie was funny - Randy Quaid plays crazy really well, and I recall the sets design and weird colors/camera angles were effective. I saw it in college - but now that I'm a parent, I imagine the fear of the little boy would freak me out too much to watch it? I can't remember how it ends. It's been a long time.

Mar 25, 10 7:17 am  · 
 · 
aldorossi

Yeah, I guessed that the Architecture links at IMDB were the result of some kind of automatic web search function.

We can now resume our seriousness.

(Check out the movie tho...)

Mar 25, 10 10:02 am  · 
 · 

Christopher Hawthorne is our guest on this week's Archinect Sessions podcast. Stay tuned to the release on Thursday to have this mystery solved.

Dec 10, 14 1:52 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: