Archinect
anchor

Has anyone attended any of the AA Visiting School programs?

fenixs

I'm looking to take part in one of the AA's Visiting School programs, and I was just wondering if anyone has attended any of them and can give me some feedback on their experience.

I'm looking into the D-Lab studio in London, or the Liquid Urban Architecture studio in Sao Paulo.  My interest comes from wanting to be more exposed to digital fabrication and design methods, as well as learning and meeting others who have experience dealing with this in a professional setting.

Any thoughts would be hugely appreciated!

Mar 29, 14 6:53 pm
nocturne

I did two AA visiting programs a few years ago, and one of them was the DLab.  I have to say one of the best decisions of my life.  Had a blast, got A LOT of work done and met a lot of great people.  I'm tempted to do more programs!  I know DLab has probably changed since I participated, but it was intense...10am-10pm Monday-Sunday for two weeks...  Even though it was two weeks I think you learn a good amount about certain digital programs and fabrication, at least enough to get you started. Hope this helps!

Mar 30, 14 2:48 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: