Archinect
anchor

What level of students gets into GSAPP?

dj07

I am accepted to GSAPP, Cornell and SCI-arc for this upcoming academic year. (all March2). Since I am currently wrapping up the last semester of my undergraduate degree, I was able to hear other's grad school application results.

But especially in the case of GSAPP, so many people got in there(it is a good thing that we have students who produce quality works) and I was very shocked that people who don't deserve it was majority of them. I don't want to be judgmental but I can say that I know what they have been doing for 5 years very well.

Yes, the decision is carefully done by admin committee. Also, maybe it is not about what they have made but what they will be able to make(seeing potential) But honestly, I feel like my achievement of getting into GSAPP is dishonored by them.

I know that the quality of time and work I will be able to produce really depends on myself, but as you guys already know very well, mates around you are influential. Possibly, this is only happening in my school and this might be a stupid worries since there are uncountable people with brilliant thoughts.

+Is it hard to get into GSAPP, Cornell and SCI-arc? I really don't get a feeling how hard it is to get in because I prepared all these processes by my self without any precedents or information regarding statistics, example portfolios...etc

+how many people get accepted to March2 program in those schools a year?

Mar 28, 14 1:26 am
retinald

how do you know you deserve to be there? maybe you were a fluke too.

Mar 28, 14 2:22 am  · 
 · 

@dj07

Congrats, but get over yourself.

Mar 28, 14 3:23 am  · 
 · 
Kaiho

I'm going to be very judgmental.

The MSAAD in GSAPP is not hard to get in, maybe the acceptance rate is the highest among Cornell and SCI-Arc. And YES, there're some stupids in this program, because I heard them complaining why GSAPP do not teach them with softwares last summer. And YES, there are stupids in also every top schools. But do you know that there are also junior architects and graduates from Cooper Union/SCI-Arc (mostly M.Arch1 graduates) studying in this program.

This 1-year-program in GSAPP is more like a platform. You need to know what do you want. Comparing your mates or acceptance rates is meaningless, if you really fit GSAPP.

Mar 28, 14 6:21 am  · 
 · 
lataco

Overall acceptance rate of GSAPP is around 50% while yield rate around 25%.

Mar 28, 14 3:17 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: