Archinect
anchor

About to embark on M.arch I journey, seeking advice...

nogivep

Hello everyone,

As I mentioned in the title, I am about to begin preparing to apply for arch school next year. I am aware that I have to do a portfolio, the statement, the gre, etc. However, I wanted to ask applicants that went through the process this year for any advice that would be helpful in my coming journey. Anything would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!

Mar 12, 14 1:09 pm
batman

find which schools you want to apply to and use the search engine. 

*CLOSE THREAD

Mar 12, 14 10:20 pm  · 
 · 
BeaBea88

from what i've read the GRE doesn't really count much. I regret spending time studying for the GRE that i should've been spending on my portfolio. 

Mar 13, 14 2:39 am  · 
 · 
cedar

If you have a non-architecture background, I would recommend doing one of the many summer programs catering to people in your situation. I did Berkeley's [IN]ARCH program and think it played a huge roll in making me a competitive applicant (two M.Arch acceptances so far, non-arch background). 

The majority of my portfolio material came from this six-week program. I got invaluable advice from grad students and profs about how to develop my application. Most importantly, I gained first hand exposure to the culture of architecture school (workload, studios, reviews, etc). This experience helped me decide that, yes, I do want to pursue a degree in architecture. It helped me clarify my goals and energized me to put in the necessary work to complete my applications. After finishing the program, many students decided that architecture school was not for them, which is an equally useful thing to learn.

Mar 13, 14 3:15 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: