Archinect
anchor

Funding education

awesomekeith

Is it possible to earn fellowships / scholarships after you have started a grad program ? I am waiting to see if I got I to a program and I am starting to figure that since I haven't gotten admitted yet that if I do I probably won't get much of any kind of funding I am assuming so I am wondering if there are opportunities to get funding after you start 

Mar 3, 14 2:31 pm
Lian Chikako Chang

There can be some--especially if you're applying for funding based on your home state or other particularities--but I think for most schools and in most cases, funding from the institution will be most forthcoming at admissions time. 

Columbia used to be an exception to that--they used to dole out funds after first year, not at admissions--but I'm not sure if that's still the case.

Mar 3, 14 4:29 pm  · 
 · 
C. Watts

I think it depends on the school. According to UIC's brochure they award more scholarships to continuing students than to new students. Granted, they may give out more scholarships that are worth less.  I would suggest sending the schools you get into an email requesting information on continuing scholarships and their worth (if it is not included in the admissions packet).  Good luck! And it is still early March, so don't completely rule yourself out for some dough.  

Mar 4, 14 12:49 pm  · 
 · 
NicoleA

More funding questions!

I'll be beginning my masters in the fall and am in search of scholarship and work/ study opportunities. Any recommendations on where to continue looking? Haven't had much luck yet.

Jun 9, 14 3:21 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: