Archinect
anchor

presenting the post-contractor (or integrating built work into the entry level portfolio)

After two fascinating and astoundingly educational years in the building industry (1.5 with a glass subcontractor and going on 1.5 with a large GC) I've come to the realization that I do actually want to be an living, breathing, and functioning architect.

The greater challenge is how to showcase these skills when applying for entry level architecture position. So world, I need your help.

Is it powerful enough to show current built projects and shuffle in some older academic work to show that I can draw toilet details, think conceptually about site and program integration, and take into account that installing a thermostat on the feature millwork wall is a bad idea?

I have been told many times that working for a GC will only benefit me, but what exactly do I showcase to the power players when interviewing as a post-contractor, entry-level team member?

Jan 21, 14 2:06 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: