Archinect
anchor

What do professionals think of Woodbury?

Sep 16 '13 15 Last Comment
manoverde84
Sep 16, 13 9:56 pm

My professor says that if I do well at his prep program Woodbury would easily take me. I didn't know what to think of that. He says its top notch but I wanted to inquire with people here. 

Another school he said was Sci Arc. Sci-Arc seems like a difficult school to get into. 

manoverde84
Sep 17, 13 12:02 pm

Someone has to have attended or know about Woodbury

gruen
Sep 17, 13 2:44 pm

Who are you and what do you want to do with your education? I don't think anyone can answer your questions without a bit more info.

manoverde84
Sep 17, 13 3:54 pm

Who am I? A prospect going through an arch prep program looking to transfer to a university for an M.Arch. 

I'm asking if anyone would recommend woodbury as a possible choice for the m.arch 

Donna SinkDonna Sink
Sep 17, 13 5:15 pm

I've only heard good things about Woodbury. I think a profile of the school was published a couple-few years ago in either Architect or Architectural Record.

citizen
Sep 17, 13 5:29 pm

As a local, I hear good things about the program there.  I'd be happy to interview its grads if I were hiring.

manoverde84
Sep 17, 13 6:03 pm

Excellent. I've heard good things too. Is it just too new that it hasn't made a lot of press. 

manoverde84
Sep 18, 13 2:33 pm

Anyone else know much about the program? Any alumna?

EKE
Sep 18, 13 5:30 pm

We have a 5-6 year Project Manager who graduated from Woodbury.  She is very strong.  I have visited the school on several occasions and have been impressed with the environment, the work, and the professors I have met.

manoverde84
Sep 18, 13 6:42 pm

That's great. I'm stre the reason it hasn't appeared in many mags or rankings is because its fairly new. Outside of CA though, do u guys think its well known at all among professionals? 

Veuxx
Sep 18, 13 7:25 pm

Woodbury had built a great reputation for a strong rigorous program

manoverde84
Sep 18, 13 8:23 pm

Nationwide rep I'm assuming? Reason I ask is I don't plan on stating in CA forever. 

VON LEE
Sep 19, 13 8:58 pm

i want to respond to this i just havent had time. i will try to post something tonight. 

manoverde84
Sep 19, 13 10:52 pm

Thank you, please do!

Garciah53
Sep 22, 13 3:42 pm

I love Woodbury I'm doing my undergrad there right now. I'm in 3rd year and I honestly can't imagine myself anywhere else.

manoverde84
Sep 22, 13 6:17 pm

Would you say that the program is well regarded in LA even with all the really top ranked schools nearby? Is it worth the investment? 

• ×Search in:

Please wait... loading
Please wait... loading